By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

RolStoppable said:
By the end of the generation, it will be the Wii with ease.

Agree, the quality and quantity trends to improve with the years...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network

if you base it just on numbers for the whole generation you have to go with the wii, simply b/c by teh end of the generation it will have the largest audience to sell to

i mean look at it like this the 360 will have 50-60 million to sell to 2 % of the total audience

where as it will only have to sell to 1% of the 100-115 million wii owners

Wii imo.

pimpcoop, the Ps3 only has 15 mil sellers. Most of its games are crap and that's why only 15 of them are mil sellers. Same with 360. Only 41 games are worth playing and the rest are crap.

*i can do that too.* (that's not what i think just proving your point wrong.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

easily wii cause most good games will be selling for years and i think that vgchartz won't manage to track them, but nintendo will definitely in their yearly fiscal report. besides we don't even have updated eu sales for many wii games like excite truck or trauma center and if i remember wii software numbers are undertracked on vgchartz by about 50mln copies(there was a thread on vgchartz that was showing ltd software sales for wii at 150mln on 31/03/2008 and on vgchartz thare was 109mln on 4/04/2008).

The wii will do it, we are talking possibly at a 100M+ userbase. As insane as the 360 attach ratio is, it can't make up for the userbase difference. Second will be the 360 and third the ps3.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

1. Wii

2. PS3

3. 360

The 360 being a software monster is a myth. Attach rates for all 3 consoles are pretty much the same. It will go in order of which has the bigger install base. So, Wii > PS3 > 360.

tombi123 said:
1. Wii

2. PS3

3. 360

The 360 being a software monster is a myth. Attach rates for all 3 consoles are pretty much the same. It will go in order of which has the bigger install base. So, Wii > PS3 > 360.

It's a myth? Look at the launch for Halo 3, or Gears of War, or even Army of Two. It's getting million sellers left and right and a lot of games could be million sellers with updated data, so if that excuse is used for the Wii it could EASILY be used for the 360.

Frankly, it will all depend on how successful third parties are on the Wii. It's already been shown that their games can sell on the Wii, but I wish they'd take notice.

My prediction is that the 1st Party games alone will beat the other million sellers

tombi123 said:

4 weeks into its life, the 360 already had its attach rate over 3. It took a year for the ps3 to get there. The massive sales of titles in its first year (several million sellers on a tiny userbase) was what got every developer on board. Since it's them who they make money selling games, I think their opinion on this matters.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

What about DS and PSP..

Ds has 50 million sellers
PSP has 20 ms..

My bet is DS is winning the race