By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Which console will have the most million sellers?

The Ghost of RubangB said:
360 had 41 million sellers in 31 months.
Wii had 25 million sellers in 19 months.

Overall 360 has had 1.3225806451612903225806451612903 million sellers per month.

Overall Wii has had 1.3157894736842105263157894736842 million sellers per month.

This gives the 360 a microscopic lead.

However, this is because the 360 had a larger userbase for 21 of its months and a smaller userbase for the last 10 months.

The fact that they are both churning out the same number of million sellers per month on average at this point means 360's only advantage was its head start. The Wii is gobbling up software market share faster than all hell, and it will have way more million sellers by the end of this generation. It'll be like the DS or PS2.

Hard to argue with those numbers.

Around the Network
mesoteto said:
Esmoreit said:
I think that it will be a close call between the X360 and Wii. The X360 will come out on top though. The userbase of the wii will be gynormous but the games will be diversive, and the amount massive. There will be a lot of spread on the Wii which will make it the most profitable and most liked to develop for, but the 360 will have the most concentrated bunch.
Most of MS' titles are multi-plat with the PS3 though but as we have seen with GTA4, the X360 will most likely come out on top.

that makes no sense, if teh 360 has a small bunch what you will see is a few games hiting 5-6 mil not a lot of games getting above a mil

where as by your own reasoning the wii will have alot hit 1-2 mil and not very many hiting more 3 mil....so the wii will still end up with more million sellers

I never mentioned any numbers did I? My guess is that a lot of Wii titles will get around the 500K which is still pretty awesome. NMH, Boom Blox, those are the type of titles I'm talking about. In the future you will most likely see the same effect to the conduit and the force unleashed. To much to chose! And NMH and Boom Blox are published in times where Wii-support is/was pretty slim. The amount of games/support will only grow and thus spread the salesnumbers across titles. Totals, I think will remain below 1 million.

For instance, I currently would like for my wii MKwii, Okami and Zack&Wicky. And just today I bought SSBB (I'm in Europe) so my next purchase will be a long way down the road. If I have to diversify now, what will happen in the future? I doubt I'll be alone in this.

(PS I'm a nintendo fan I would like to see them win but I give the X360 the edge here)

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

People give far too much credit to the idea that Wii software is selling in vastly different patterns from past systems or the HD systems.

As the Wii install base explodes over the next 9 months, software sales are going to explode, and the number of million sellers is going to explode. Maybe the top games will have higher sales than in the past, but 4 or 5M extra for Brawl or Galaxy or Kart Wii over their predeccessors is not going to make it or break it for dozens and dozens of other games reaching an arbitrary mark like 1M. A high-selling system can facilitate both higher selling games and more of them.

I could list about 40 Wii games I think could sell 1M copies by the end of March 09, but I don't want to start list wars. I'll just reiterate my prediction: 55-60 million-selling Wii games by the end of March 09; the most million-sellers among the three systems by March 09.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

weezy said:

Wii with ease
Xbox coming in second
a distance 3rd for PS3

crazyman put down the meth.

Co-sign.

Wii.

My Games of 2011:

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Super Mario 3D Land

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

Around the Network

Wii will have the most million sellers.

nintendo wii

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Wait a second, why did I say the 360?

Yeah, definitely the Wii. The 360 just doesn't have high enough sales to give the average game legs.

360, the Wii have bigger multi million sellers (3+ million sold), but fewer games over the million mark. A lot of the PS3 million sellers will be multi-plats that will also hit a million on the 360.

fkusumot said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
360 had 41 million sellers in 31 months.
Wii had 25 million sellers in 19 months.

Overall 360 has had 1.3225806451612903225806451612903 million sellers per month.

Overall Wii has had 1.3157894736842105263157894736842 million sellers per month.

This gives the 360 a microscopic lead.

However, this is because the 360 had a larger userbase for 21 of its months and a smaller userbase for the last 10 months.

The fact that they are both churning out the same number of million sellers per month on average at this point means 360's only advantage was its head start. The Wii is gobbling up software market share faster than all hell, and it will have way more million sellers by the end of this generation. It'll be like the DS or PS2.

Hard to argue with those numbers.

Actually it's quite easy.

The 360 has a lead of 16 and the Wii isn't closing it based on those numbers so those numbers don't argue in favor of the Wii passing the 360...........

The Wii will have more 5 millions+ sellers but the 360 will win for million sellers...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !