By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just beat majora's mask again and realized how depressing the game is.

@wfz

I'm relating it to the morale of the people after Hiroshima, after the radiation level subsided enough that people weren't igniting into flames, what were they doing? That world they were in is as post-apocolyptic as you can get to in modern history. But the true end was the total surrender and colonization of Japan, the pride of that people squashed and an entire country drivin on heritage forced to face the outside world that they viewed as inferior with their hearts for help like a beggar with a limp wrist.

You'd have to understand the pride in their nation and themselves that would convince them that flying a plane into a cruiser was honorable, the social conditioning needed must of been induced over years maybe decades, to have this all undone in a month, that must of been their apocolypse; even after the atomic bomb drops.

The world those people were living in had ended before they knew it in Majora's mask, it ended the moment Link arrived ironically, the concept of the time can only go two ways, either every time link went back in time he left them to die or they were constantly repeating the events of those three days.

I believe the latter as I remember a character saying something about De-ja-vu, there was no progression in their life, they were confined to the same actions up until death (The Moon) that was there fate, and Link's goal wasn't just to stop the moon, it was to let time flow again, and stopping the moon was the key to that.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

It's my favorite Zelda game and 4th favorite game of all time. By far the hardest Zelda game. The plot and gameplay are genius. It has so many mini-quests and tasks. I consider it a masterpiece.

Dammit, I need to go play MM now. Where's my old N64 and cartridge...

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

I just found out my N64 doesn't work anymore. Oh, and sorry for confusing Anju and Kafei: it's been a while. I stand by my statement that the game's awesome, though.

sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
thekitchensink said:
^^It's available on Gamecube.

MM's available on the GC?

Yeah it is in the collector's edition that has OoT MM The original, and Zelda 2, along with a windwaker demo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Legend-of-Zelda-Collectors-Edition-GameCube-4-Games_W0QQitemZ120274524888QQihZ002QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had the CE for a while, but have to play MM on it.  From what I understand that version of MM has loads of emulation problems.  It crashes randomly (though less frequently if you turn off rumble), and the timing of certain songs is messed up.

Around the Network

OT: Majora's Mask is a very dark game, and an excellent title. I still prefer OoT a bit, but that may change when I replay both (as well as WW and TP) this July.

Well they weren't confined to the same actions every time you reset time, Link helped them change their attitudes if you helped them.

I can see how the moon is crashing down and destroying everything much like the A-bomb seemed to the Japanese. I've been studying and visiting Japan for many years of my life, but even still it really doesn't take much insight to see that. =P

Still though, how is it post-apocalyptic? "Post" means after, and the game takes place right before the moon crashes down, so if anything shouldn't it be "Pre-Apocalyptic" or something to that effect?

Soriku said:
thekitchensink said:
^^It's available on Gamecube.

MM's available on the GC?

The Gamecube version locked up several times when I tried to play it on my Wii.

They have a few different dances, like the Polka and so on. =P They only do it while you're wearing the Gidbo mask though, once you take it off they act just like the ones in OoT.

Damn it. I guess I need to beat this game. For some reason, I stopped playing it after I had most of the masks and items. I never beat the last temple. I guess I need to plug in the N64 and start over.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)