By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just beat majora's mask again and realized how depressing the game is.

Phendrana said:

When it came out I was a bit too young to notice how deep it was. I didn't realize its complexity until I came across this article:

http://zelda.vgrc.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1210462851

I don't know if that's been posted here before, but it's very interesting. I really need to replay it now.

Wow that article was interesting. And lol at the picture of banjo Tooie

Around the Network

Yeah, it's my favorite Zelda by far; played it over and over. I have the GC version in addition to the N64, and it's too bad with the sound glitches and (especially) the game locking up. Very surprising that Nintendo released it on GC in that state, even as a bonus disc.

However, ever think of that you actually don't ever solve anyone's problems in that game, since you just go back in time anyway? You would have to solve their problems in the same 3-day period as you killed Majora for it to have a lasting effect

wfz said:
ItsaMii said:
wfz said:
sc94597 said:
wfz said:

There is a crazy dude who finished the game in 3 days game time with all the sidequests done. It took more than 50 real hours.

The petrified Deku Scrub was depressing.

Glitches right? I know the only possible way to complete the game in the second set of 3 days is with glitches. Also, was it TSA who you saw? I'm pretty sure he still holds all the speed records for most Zelda games, if not all...

In all my time of playing the game, I've never found a way of completing all the sidequests in one try, without the glitches. Is there a way?

I don't count glitches because that's obviously not what the creators intended. =P

EDIT: I just checked, it's impossible to "normally" complete all the sidequests. The Blast Mask interferes with the Kafei quest. I stopped looking after I found that but I could check to see if there are other ones.

What kind of glitch allowed the guy to overcome this? I'm starting to doubt that the speed run you watched really completed everything in those 3 days.

My mistake, it is just a 6 day run (20 hours). The 100% took 4 cycles and 7 hours. I mixed a lot of numbers.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/MajorasMask.html

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

You guys have to read that article phendrana linked It's very interesting.

OoT is definetly > Than Majoras Mask only because of the water temple - if you don't believe me then I hope you get lost in it. Oh and the Biggoron Sword pwnz fairy sword any day. Also Adult Link vs Oni Link = end of the universe.

OoT is a Zelda, Majors Mask is not a Zelda - in fact the game had nothing to do with Zelda aside from a cameo.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

It's definitely the best in the series, and the only one I played from start to finish. You could feel a real sense of emotion in the characters, almost as if there was a living, breathing world. And when you entwine the emotion with the story, you get a really fantastic game. You can almost feel this universe of troubles ignorant of a larger one looming overhead. It's by FAR the best game in the series. Now, of course, that's opinion. But it accomplished something that none of the others even got close to.

MontanaHatchet said:
It's definitely the best in the series. You could feel a real sense of emotion in the characters, almost as if there was a living, breathing world. And when you entwine the emotion with the story, you get a really fantastic game. You can almost feel this universe of troubles ignorant of a larger one looming overhead. It's by FAR the best game in the series. Now, of course, that's opinion. But it accomplished something that none of the others even got close to.

^^this

A very dark Zelda, and my favorite in the series. I too felt realy sorry about Mikau, Darmani and lost deku son, but i had real hard time not crying (manly tears) at the skull kid and giant reunion. The one thing i didn't get though ever was if Kafei was turned back to a man or Anzu marries him as a boy..the camera angle is vague at the wedding scene.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

I think he was turned back into a man... Because if he wasn't the camera would have been much lower. Remember in the room when they reunite Anju gets on her knees? Also I guess the reason they didn't show Kafei is that they didn't had an adult character model (this game was rushed) or they kept it for people to guess.

Damn, all this talking about Majoras is forcing me to plug my old 64 again...

Wii60+DS owner

Long Time Nintendo loyalist