By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just beat majora's mask again and realized how depressing the game is.

I think all the positives you guys mention, is what Twilight Princess lacked. In Majora's, you felt like... a connection with the NPCs, they really had a purpose, added to the story, etc. plus the game had lots of feeling and deepness.

Twilight Princess lacked that, and you felt all alone.

Around the Network
wfz said:
sc94597 said:
wfz said:

Hahah yeah, the game is really psychologically messed up. Did you catch the whole deal with the Deku Scrub? That one is a little more hidden, and pretty damn sad. =P The whole atmosphere in that game is so dark and gloomy, and it has plenty of human drama as well. It's really amazing. Everyone's reactions in that game feel so real and depressing at the same time, the world really comes to life.

It's my favorite game of all time.

Um no I didn't catch it.

Well...it looses a lot of it's impact if I explain it, as experiencing it yourself is so much better, but here I'll explain. =P

You know in the beginning how you get turned into a Deku Scrub? Well in that beginning dungeon, you come across a "strange looking tree" and your fairy comments on how sad it looks, like it's about to break into tears. Later on when you finish the Poison Swamp Temple and head back to the Deku Palace, you know how you have to race the Butler to get the Pig Mask (mask of scents I believe)? Well after you race him to the end, he talks about how he used to race his son a lot, and that now that his son isn't at home he really misses him, and you remind him of his son because you look so much like him.

So it turns out that the "sad looking tree" really used to be a Deku Scrub, but the Skull Kid sapped his life and made him into a tree, and then right after that,  gave the Deku Scrub's life and put it in you, turning you into the Deku Scrub.

Also in the ending credits, one of the very last scenes (perhaps the second to last?) shows that "sad looking tree" again. Unlike everyone else in the game who have all been saved, it's still there. Not all stories end all happy for everyone...

Also if you notice, it's impossible to do all of the sidequests in one runthrough of time, meaning that no matter how hard you try, you can never help/save everyone. Such is the way life is.

The game really gets deep if you allow yourself to get immersed in it and you really explore everything that's going on. Quite a phillisophical game really. =P

There is a crazy dude who finished the game in 3 days game time with all the sidequests done. It took more than 50 real hours.

The petrified Deku Scrub was depressing.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
wfz said:
sc94597 said:
wfz said:

Hahah yeah, the game is really psychologically messed up. Did you catch the whole deal with the Deku Scrub? That one is a little more hidden, and pretty damn sad. =P The whole atmosphere in that game is so dark and gloomy, and it has plenty of human drama as well. It's really amazing. Everyone's reactions in that game feel so real and depressing at the same time, the world really comes to life.

It's my favorite game of all time.

Um no I didn't catch it.

Well...it looses a lot of it's impact if I explain it, as experiencing it yourself is so much better, but here I'll explain. =P

You know in the beginning how you get turned into a Deku Scrub? Well in that beginning dungeon, you come across a "strange looking tree" and your fairy comments on how sad it looks, like it's about to break into tears. Later on when you finish the Poison Swamp Temple and head back to the Deku Palace, you know how you have to race the Butler to get the Pig Mask (mask of scents I believe)? Well after you race him to the end, he talks about how he used to race his son a lot, and that now that his son isn't at home he really misses him, and you remind him of his son because you look so much like him.

So it turns out that the "sad looking tree" really used to be a Deku Scrub, but the Skull Kid sapped his life and made him into a tree, and then right after that,  gave the Deku Scrub's life and put it in you, turning you into the Deku Scrub.

Also in the ending credits, one of the very last scenes (perhaps the second to last?) shows that "sad looking tree" again. Unlike everyone else in the game who have all been saved, it's still there. Not all stories end all happy for everyone...

Also if you notice, it's impossible to do all of the sidequests in one runthrough of time, meaning that no matter how hard you try, you can never help/save everyone. Such is the way life is.

The game really gets deep if you allow yourself to get immersed in it and you really explore everything that's going on. Quite a phillisophical game really. =P

There is a crazy dude who finished the game in 3 days game time with all the sidequests done. It took more than 50 real hours.

The petrified Deku Scrub was depressing.

Glitches right? I know the only possible way to complete the game in the second set of 3 days is with glitches. Also, was it TSA who you saw? I'm pretty sure he still holds all the speed records for most Zelda games, if not all...

In all my time of playing the game, I've never found a way of completing all the sidequests in one try, without the glitches. Is there a way?

I don't count glitches because that's obviously not what the creators intended. =P

EDIT: I just checked, it's impossible to "normally" complete all the sidequests. The Blast Mask interferes with the Kafei quest. I stopped looking after I found that but I could check to see if there are other ones.

What kind of glitch allowed the guy to overcome this? I'm starting to doubt that the speed run you watched really completed everything in those 3 days.

Soriku said:
Is there a set time limit for completing the game like Pikmin or no?

There is three days until the moon destroys termina, but you could go back in time and slow down time.

When it came out I was a bit too young to notice how deep it was. I didn't realize its complexity until I came across this article:

http://zelda.vgrc.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1210462851

I don't know if that's been posted here before, but it's very interesting. I really need to replay it now.

Around the Network

Also link never finds navi. ):

Well in fact no one that died because of Majora's mask got saved. They are things left undone. The sad deku, Darmani and Mikau are not revived. Quite sad... It is also kind of a bitter end... But very satisfying.

fazz said:
I think all the positives you guys mention, is what Twilight Princess lacked. In Majora's, you felt like... a connection with the NPCs, they really had a purpose, added to the story, etc. plus the game had lots of feeling and deepness.

Twilight Princess lacked that, and you felt all alone.

Yeah, Kafei and Anju are the main and best example, the same goes for the end of the game and the skullkid... even the granny adds a little thinking that you are her son...(Or husband??)..., the Romani sisters(And the posible amnesia after the alien attact), the little and now orfan goron, the little girl in who lives in the big music box with her cursed dad, the ghost in the spring, the indigo band, the pirates, this game is probably one of the Zelda games with more interaction...

But somehow helping them makes you keep interested in the game (This is one of the zeldas with less dungeons), you don't magically solve their problems, but you help them to overcome some and learn to live with others... probably the second best zelda...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Soriku said:
sc94597 said:
Soriku said:
Is there a set time limit for completing the game like Pikmin or no?

There is three days until the moon destroys termina, but you could go back in time and slow down time.

So there is a time limit...you can just slow it down? Like in FFCC for the GC there was the miasma and you had one year to gather all that special water (forget what the name of the water is called). But the one year lasts as long as you want it. Once you have 3 drops the year ends but there is no set time limit.

You also could go back and forward in time. 

And Fierce Deity Link was just awesome!!!!!

And for those who didn't get him in the game... Play it Again!!!!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)