By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just beat majora's mask again and realized how depressing the game is.

lolita said:
I think he was turned back into a man... Because if he wasn't the camera would have been much lower. Remember in the room when they reunite Anju gets on her knees? Also I guess the reason they didn't show Kafei is that they didn't had an adult character model (this game was rushed) or they kept it for people to guess.
Yes i've heard this arguement, but still, if Deku scrub, Mikau and Darmani 's fates are unchanged at the end of the game, Majora's mask magic has permanent effects. I like to think that Kafei stays in his childish form, thus making Anzu's commitment to him stronger and shows us that happiness can sprout even from tragic events. Makes the game's theme even more powerful.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

Around the Network

Wow that article was amazing. Majora's Mask has such a deep meaning, That article explains it. What a wonderful game.

Man, suddenly there's a lot of talking about how great MM was around these forums! Makes me wanna play the game - I've never played it, but it sounds like exactly the kind of Zelda I'd like.

I drink your milkshake.

dib8rman said:
OoT is definetly > Than Majoras Mask only because of the water temple - if you don't believe me then I hope you get lost in it. Oh and the Biggoron Sword pwnz fairy sword any day. Also Adult Link vs Oni Link = end of the universe.

OoT is a Zelda, Majors Mask is not a Zelda - in fact the game had nothing to do with Zelda aside from a cameo.

I can't believe you said that. The article that I just read explains on how it is significant to link's character growth. Link is THE main character of zelda games despite them being named after zelda. Here read the article. http://zelda.vgrc.net/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1210462851

Now the game starts with link obviously looking for navi. Well he is depressed and doesn't know if he could find navi. That is when skull kid attacks him. Well he learns that you must have faith and trust. Zelda shows this when she says that he believes they will meet again. Now that is also the main theme of majora's mask. This is also why link at the end of the game most likely headed back to hyrule instead of still searching for navi. He trust navi will eventually come back, and he knows that right now he has to be with zelda. I would call it a siginificant part of the zelda franchise to the character growth of Link, and it also shows good morals. Amazing game. If only the gameplay was a tad better it may beat Alttp as my favorite zelda game. It's definately in my top ten favorite games of all time.

I guess i have to finish OoT to understand what's going on in MM right? You people got me hyped :D

Around the Network
VonShigsy said:
lolita said:
I think he was turned back into a man... Because if he wasn't the camera would have been much lower. Remember in the room when they reunite Anju gets on her knees? Also I guess the reason they didn't show Kafei is that they didn't had an adult character model (this game was rushed) or they kept it for people to guess.
Yes i've heard this arguement, but still, if Deku scrub, Mikau and Darmani 's fates are unchanged at the end of the game, Majora's mask magic has permanent effects. I like to think that Kafei stays in his childish form, thus making Anzu's commitment to him stronger and shows us that happiness can sprout even from tragic events. Makes the game's theme even more powerful.

I don't know how to take this, since all of the three characters are dead, but Kafei is only cursed... and doesn't look like any curse of any area is there after the end (The moon is vanished, the goron's town is not frozen anymore, the little girl of the music box comes out to play without fear and her dad is ok now, and the swamp is clean) I like to think that Kafei is back to normal too... and the camera helps a lot to give you that impresion...

Edit: After re-watching the ending, is heavily implied that you really helped the people, and all the good you made is there on the fourth day, the salesman said it and the scenes on the ending shows the same..

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Exactly, over the game, as what he saw happened with the skull kid and the giants, he learned that friends sometimes go away but not because they don't care anymore but because they have to. And they won't forget you. That's why at the end (guessing) Link goes back to Hyrule and stops searching for Navi.

.:Dark Prince:. said:
I guess i have to finish OoT to understand what's going on in MM right? You people got me hyped :D

No. Majora's Mask is a sequel, but it has nothing to do with hyrule or the events that take place in hyrule except one which I don't want tto spoil for you.

@ all just reading through this thread has [as dark prince mentioned] gotten me hyped to check the game out. I actually have this on the Og HW but just could'nt be bothered to take it up [gold cartridge an all] I haven't even finished OoT yet. I guess the story is so good to this point my subconcious dosn't want it to end. [or i'm just lazy]

New players should take note. It's not as accessible as the other Zelda's.. It's pretty.. I hate this word: Hardcore.. it takes a little longer to get into this Zelda.. but hang in there.. it's definitely worth it!

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)