By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

"Lower the hype for your competitor by releasing lots of info about how much superior your project is."

That's right. And show everyone how EVERY excuse they gave us was a lie. Even the ones for things most people didn't care about anyway (like "the Wii can't handle customizable characters").

Around the Network

rock band is a good game you will like it,im not too sure how much a guitar costs seperate,i say 1 for 30$ but im not sure if it was for rockband or guitar hero

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Hey, can someone give me a link that says the Wii version of World Tour will have DLC? That's a much needed addition, but I have 2 gigs of DLC for Rock Band...I guess people would get large SD cards. Perhaps Nintendo will finally announce external USB hard drive support. Also, if WT Wii does support DLC, will it also support the GH3 songs like the 360/PS3 versions will? My most wanted feature for Rock Band 2 is backwards compatibility with DLC. A magical feature would be support for exporting the RB1 tracks to the hard drive for use with RB2 or at least providing a change disc option in-game so you wouldn't have to exit either game to play the others' songs.

TheGreatRanger1 said:

This games come out tomorrow and I have my copy reserved.

There are still some doubts flowing through my mind.

In your opinion do you guys and gals think this will be worth the money?

I love Rock Band, and think its superior to GH in everyway. But because you have a Wii and Rock Band sucks on it, I would just wait for GHWT. Or get a 360 or PS3 and get Rock Band for it and have the better game. :)

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

windbane said:
Hey, can someone give me a link that says the Wii version of World Tour will have DLC? That's a much needed addition, but I have 2 gigs of DLC for Rock Band...I guess people would get large SD cards. Perhaps Nintendo will finally announce external USB hard drive support. Also, if WT Wii does support DLC, will it also support the GH3 songs like the 360/PS3 versions will? My most wanted feature for Rock Band 2 is backwards compatibility with DLC. A magical feature would be support for exporting the RB1 tracks to the hard drive for use with RB2 or at least providing a change disc option in-game so you wouldn't have to exit either game to play the others' songs.

Link

OP: Look at my sig, strikethrough RB and get GH4.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:
windbane said:

Link

OP: Look at my sig, strikethrough RB and get GH4.

yeah, I just noticed that. Thanks, though. If you only have a Wii, though, Rock Band is still awesome. That new song pack is coming out soon for PS2/Wii, too. It's not as good as the DLC options for PS3/360, but it's unknown whether GH:WT will support GH3 songs for Wii like the PS3/360 versions will, either. It doesn't have to be the best to be awesome, though.

When investing 200€ on a game, you expect it to be the best possible. The core gameplay is fun, no doubt about that, but the added features is what gives one version the edge over the other.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I saw a commercial for Rock Band Wii last night...
Anyway, I love Rock Band, I don't own it, but I love to play it.
One of the best things about it was DLC, 4/6 songs I liked to play was DLC.
It just isn't worth it, maybe if it came with a Bass?
But at the moment no, I'd wait for GH:WT, not saying its awesome, but it sure looks like it will be. :D

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

Why are people saying that GH:WT will support GH3 songs? I thought they made it clear that it won't, in any version.

Nevertheless, I don't get why some people are saying that RB is better than GH:WT. No one here playd the latter. Yes, RB > GH3 (even though the guitar is way too easy on RB) , but that doesn't make it so for WT.

If you just compare what we know now instead of assuming things, WT will be clearly superior to RB in all consoles. I mean, there will be every good feature RB has, including decent DLC (which GH3 didn't really have), plus song creation modes, a better guitar and an extremely better drum kit.

So far, WT>>>>>RB.

GH:WT will be superior, I cancelled my pre-order on Rock Band when I GH:WT was announced