By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

*sigh* I'm still wondering where you're finding these "3 people who feel like I do." Have we already had a nationwide poll asking gamers which game is "lightyears" ahead of the other: SMG or MGS4?

"It's just when looking at the advancement of gaming because a game came out, MGS4 ranks far higher on that scale then SMG does."

That would be an opinion. Not a fact.

I have a feeling that this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

Around the Network

MGS4 doesn't even come close to OoT's epicness. It defined a generation of gaming while MGS only appeals to fanboys.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

For me, MGS4. I enjoy OoT, but I never really loved it the way most people did. I can see how people would like it more easily, but MGS is much more closer to what I truly love in videogames.

i think OoT did more for its time,and it will be thought like that for a while to come

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

angrypoolman said:

Which is goign to be looked back on and be thought of as 'the game of the generation?' Is it possible for Metal Gear Solid 4 to dethrone Ocarina of Time?

I would also like to see some sort of reason why from you people as opposed to statements like

"MGS4 easily" or

"OoT destroys all end thread/"

*EDIT*

ok first of all i have a question, why is everybody on these forums so literal all the time? are you all so argumentative on purpose?

and to clear some things up, yea 0bviously they were two generations apart, you know what i mean by 'game of the generation,' you morons.

let me break it down simpler for you guys since you have such a hard time comprehending such an easy question.

Which did more for its time, and which is going to have a bigger impact on their own respective generations? Which was a better game, and what do you think is going to happen when people look back in 20 years? do you think theyre going to look at mgs4 as the game of all time or do you think theyre going to still look back on OoT as the game of all time?

i really thought it was unnecessary to go this in depth, but apparently you guys need it.

Ah come on. These threads have to stop.

Around the Network
Smeags said:

*sigh* I'm still wondering where you're finding these "3 people who feel like I do." Have we already had a nationwide poll asking gamers which game is "lightyears" ahead of the other: SMG or MGS4?

"It's just when looking at the advancement of gaming because a game came out, MGS4 ranks far higher on that scale then SMG does."

That would be an opinion. Not a fact.

I have a feeling that this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

Being that you and are are both arguing opinion, probably not :)

vdoesntforgive said:
angrypoolman said:

Which is goign to be looked back on and be thought of as 'the game of the generation?' Is it possible for Metal Gear Solid 4 to dethrone Ocarina of Time?

I would also like to see some sort of reason why from you people as opposed to statements like

"MGS4 easily" or

"OoT destroys all end thread/"

*EDIT*

ok first of all i have a question, why is everybody on these forums so literal all the time? are you all so argumentative on purpose?

and to clear some things up, yea 0bviously they were two generations apart, you know what i mean by 'game of the generation,' you morons.

let me break it down simpler for you guys since you have such a hard time comprehending such an easy question.

Which did more for its time, and which is going to have a bigger impact on their own respective generations? Which was a better game, and what do you think is going to happen when people look back in 20 years? do you think theyre going to look at mgs4 as the game of all time or do you think theyre going to still look back on OoT as the game of all time?

i really thought it was unnecessary to go this in depth, but apparently you guys need it.

Ah come on. These threads have to stop.

i think its a decent thread. whats wrong with it?

From a story and cinematic point of view MGS4 is far ahead of anything i have played but from a sheer pleasure point of view OoT wins hands down, they are too different to compare, i know they are games but its the same with music you cant compare Iron Maiden with Coldplay it doesn't work

Well for starters, you put the very first basic reason into why this thread shouldn't been made in your OP.

Comparisons just CANNOT be drawn. Their aims are two completely different things. TEN YEARS APART! What kind of gratification will you be getting knowing that this user thinks that game X stands up well against game Y that proceeded it by two generations.

My opinion on the matter, if MGS was ever going to define genres and be hailed as the greatest of it's time, it would've done it potentially with MGS3, because beyond that (And I hope people can be honest enough to agree on this), the GAMEPLAY hasn't changed much at all since then. OoT on the other was AND IS the game that developers aspire to create great adventure games from. You've heard it from Capcom, you're heard it from Team Ico, you probably still hear it from loads of smaller devs. I just don't see developers right now looking at MGS4, and saying "Ok, this is what we need to do."

I FUCKING LOVE MGS4, so don't get me wrong (I can't stress this enough), but I think too many people are buying into all this horrible hype, and are just bandwagoning the thought of comparing it to the Game of the Forever to see what kind of reactions they can get. Why can't people just see MGS4 for it really is. A truely epic end to one of the best franchises of the last three generations.

Ok, I just reads some of the thread...

OoT did nothing new?

Just realised you guys are crazy. I'm outta here.