By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which is goign to be looked back on and be thought of as 'the game of the generation?' Is it possible for Metal Gear Solid 4 to dethrone Ocarina of Time?

I would also like to see some sort of reason why from you people as opposed to statements like

"MGS4 easily" or

"OoT destroys all end thread/"

*EDIT*

ok first of all i have a question, why is everybody on these forums so literal all the time? are you all so argumentative on purpose?

and to clear some things up, yea 0bviously they were two generations apart, you know what i mean by 'game of the generation,' you morons.

let me break it down simpler for you guys since you have such a hard time comprehending such an easy question.

Which did more for its time, and which is going to have a bigger impact on their own respective generations? Which was a better game, and what do you think is going to happen when people look back in 20 years? do you think theyre going to look at mgs4 as the game of all time or do you think theyre going to still look back on OoT as the game of all time?

i really thought it was unnecessary to go this in depth, but apparently you guys need it.

Around the Network

Sorry, but they aren't part of the same generation. SO can't they both be games of their respective generations. Also MGS is too niche to be thought of by many as the game of this generation. That title will probably go to smg or gta IV(wouldn't deserve it imo).

Two different games of different genre and different generation being compared. Ridiculous.
OoT released 10 years ago. MGS 4 released only a week ago. Hmmm.

How can Ocarina of Time be "the game of the generation?" It didn't even come out this generation...it came out two generations ago! And you're basically asking for two completely different games to be compared, one which would impose Martial Law if someone so much as uttered that another game was better than it.

That said, I can't be a party pooper. Have fun people.

Well, imho.. given that the comment "MGS4 is the best game this generation" would be a wildly debated one, it's hard to then go one step further to say "is it also the best of the best games of each generation?"

Around the Network

*facepalm*

This thread could very well have a dark future ahead of it.

tabsina said:
Well, imho.. given that the comment "MGS4 is the best game this generation" would be a wildly debated one, it's hard to then go one step further to say "is it also the best of the best games of each generation?"

I would debate if OoT was the best game for it's generation as well. I would put Fallout and System Shock 2 above it.

If you want to say best game of all time relative to it's it's generation, It's neither. That goes to either Pac-man, or Tetras.

TheRealMafoo said:
tabsina said:

I would debate if OoT was the best game for it's generation as well. I would put Fallout and System Shock 2 above it.

If you want to say best game of all time relative to it's it's generation, It's neither. That goes to either Pac-man, or Tetras.

whisper: smb3

:P

I think they are both groundbreaking games, so I won't choose. Both are better than GTA4, though.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

The games arent in the same generation, besides, Oot withstood the test time, we have to wait to see MGS4 in 10 years. Also, this generationn isnt over yet, so i really cant answer your question.