By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are wii's in stock near you?

I actually saw 3 Wii's in Fort Wayne indiana last Friday night, of course they were gone when I came back on saturday for some snacks.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

I AM NOT LYING:

I just came back from NYC, I went to the Toys"R"us in Time Square.

They had at least 45 Wiis and 40 Wii Fits.

Maybe its just cuz It's such a major store but I could have bought some If I had Money

^_^

I just came back from Superstore, they are usually out of stock but they had 6 wii's and 2 WiiFit's in stock! I was shocked - I am expecting a big week!

There have been a decent amount of Wii's in stock here for a few weeks now.

EB, Bestbuy, Futureshop, Costo etc. all have Wii's in stock

No Wii's. And there is a reason why: it doesn't make sense to sell most consoles in the US, where you can't make a big profit. Better to sell them in others, where the strong euro gives you a big profit.

Around the Network

nowhere to be found around me

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

wii's Yes.

wii fit no.

I recall having a hard time trying to find a Wii here in Lisbon the day I decided to purchase one. xD Apparently Concentra (a toy company which - unfortunately - takes care of every single thing related to Nintendo in Portugal) decided to replace all the consoles with a sort of "omg amazing I can't believe my eyes" bundle that consisted of... sit down... prepare yourselves... are you ready?

A Wii (of course)... and Boogie... for 300€.

N-Portugal.com - A Portuguese gaming site. Check the latest N-ews!

Today I saw 3 Wiis at Best BUy

^_^

Griffin said:

After so few wii's were sold this week in NA i want to know are wii's in stock where you live, there could be massive shipment this week and it would be nice to see if its true, before we get our data from ioi for this week.  If you happen to see some wii's in the wild in NA please list how many you saw and what stores and what part of NA you live in.

I was at a Blockbuster, Rogers video, HMV and a ebgames yesterday and each store had 2-4 wii's in stock, i live just east of Toronto, Canada.

The Gamestop by my house has quite a few, and has a stack of empty Wii boxes out side with a sign that says "Wii in Stock"

Strangly, no one was buying them, however when I went to cancel my Too Human pre-order I saw 2 PS3's sold and a 360.

Prepair for the Wii death threads!!

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"