By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are wii's in stock near you?

I went to 4 stores today and all of them were out of wiis.

Worse, they are all out of Mario Kart. I finally decided to pick that up, and the thing is out of stock everywhere! Why can't they even keep Mario Kart in stock??? Oh well, I guess it's just a sign I should finish one of my other games first.

BTW: Tried amazon, and it's out of stock too, except for 3rd party scalpers.

Around the Network

I talked to a clerk at a Target here in No. Virginia. He said they get a shipment of 20 Wii every month, but it is always sold out in a few hours.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

There's been a Wii sitting in the display shelf in the Kmart I work for about 4 days now. But it's crammed in between two large other things and not all that noticeable. Furthermore, it's in a Kmart.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

a new Best Buy and Target recently opened up in my town though they're open about a week most locals don't seem to be going, it's a shame too they're very nice stores. Anyway I went first day and saw 30 wii's in stock.

However I cannot say if they would have sold out as the Best Buy got robbed the very first night...it's a really nice neighborhood too everybody was stunned. Anyway second day I went to pick up a game and all the wii's were gone, displays busted etc. Were they sold out or stolen? I couldn't ask but I guess it counts.

target sold out on day 2. Since Best buy and Target have been sold out on them, at least when I checked.

Lots of Wiis in the Seattle area lately (last month or two). Before that, they were pretty hard to find. Seems like demand has dropped off considerably lately.

WiiFit boards, on the other hand, are next to impossible to find here.

Around the Network

Okay, so today I was searching for the Xbox360 wireless network adapter (which apparently is in short supply where I'm from), and I had a chance to see what was and what wasn't on shelves. I went to Wal-Mart, EB games, Superstore, and The Source by Circuit City. I didn't see one single Wii in stock at any of these locations, I maybe 7 or 8 MGS4 bundled PS3s, I saw quite a few Arcade and Elite SKU 360s, and I only saw 3 or 4 pro SKU 360s. To tell you the truth, I have rarely ever seen any Wiis in stock ever... and I have NEVER seen a real life WiiFit lol. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada by the way.

Just kiss the tip.

My store got only 4 in this week, iirc.  All sold that day.

masterb8tr said:
wii's are in stock, but it is impossible to get a ps3. I think they're replacing sixaxis with dualshock or something

That's certainly not the case where I am from. I see PS3s all of the time, but Wiis are non existent. in fact, at Future Shop and Best Buy, on days where there are Wii shipments, there are still lineups outside before the stores open. I shit you not. I went to get RAM for my computer and they were only letting in 3 people at a time... needless to say, it took me a long time to get my RAM.

Just kiss the tip.

I saw A wii at Wal Mart.

No WiiFits.

Yes, like 3 of them but no wiifits...