By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are wii's in stock near you?

I saw about 9 Wiis in Wal-mart a week ago, they were sold out 2 days later. No WiiFits.

Only WiiFits I have seen in the wild were when I had inside info they were being delivered, and I showed up that morning to pick mine up, about 5 days ago

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network

Out of wii in most places (including Walmart) still, but they had some at toys-r-us. In fact, toys-r-us has them in stock online ($359 bundles, but at least they are not bad bundles).

They aren't able to be found in my area. Neither is Wii FiT

"Let justice be done though the heavens fall." - Jim Garrison

"Ask not your horse, if ye should ride into battle" - myself

slimeattack said:
No Wii's. And there is a reason why: it doesn't make sense to sell most consoles in the US, where you can't make a big profit. Better to sell them in others, where the strong euro gives you a big profit.

The dollar is back up over 110 vs. the yen and the euro is falling because the slowdown is spreading.  If the US shortage is because of the weak dollar that may reverse itself a bit as oil comes down.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

Wii have enough :P.

Around the Network

There were 4 in stock at the local Target yesterday and 2 were left there this morning.
I hope Nintendo can meet demand this year. This is the third holiday season that the Wii has been for sale and sales have to top out soon.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

Same thing they always mean...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

EllensProphet said:
There were 4 in stock at the local Target yesterday and 2 were left there this morning.
I hope Nintendo can meet demand this year. This is the third holiday season that the Wii has been for sale and sales have to top out soon.

Nintendo seems to be able to meet demand in Japan, Korea, and the PAL nations for the most part.  However, Nintendo has not and cannot even come close to meeting demand in America.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

RolStoppable said:
Naum said:
Same thing they always mean...

Wii Music will kill the Wii?

Naaa Wii music will destroy hardcore gaming forever...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

The last time I saw a Wii in stock was about a month ago. It was a lone system sitting on the shelves at Fred Meyers (the Oregon/Washington branches of Krogers are called that). For some reason it caused a passing thought of of a unicorn in captivity. I was quite amazed that it remained on the shelf for my entire time in the store, about an hour. Every trip there since, however, I haven't seen a single system in there.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.