By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Are wii's in stock near you?

Widely available Wiis everywhere in Switzerland, but Wii Fit it's another story

Around the Network
Griffin said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
Griffin said:
axumblade said:
They accidentally sent my store 66 Wii's. It was a good weekend but it's over now. I am hoping to have more of those and the Metal Gear Solid PS3's soon. doubtful though.

Thats pretty cool, i hope more stores received large amounts of wii's, i know last weekend each TRU store had atleast 20 wii fits. Maybe this week will be big in NA.

@ZenfoldorVGI, i doubt he would make any profit selling the wii on ebay. The wii is being sold for $280 at most stores in Canada, and in Ontario there is 13% sales tax. So he buys the wii for $317, plus whatever it costs to list the thing on ebay, then he needs to pay for shipping since most people do free shipping with the wii on ebay. Plus his gas and time to do all this. He will make no money doing this and might lose money.

I also know last christmas people buying wii's in Canada were not making $100 profit off ebay. Since i know people that bought them off ebay.

I just did a fake post to see, Ebay told me that over the last few days the Wii console as is:

Items like yours that sold successfully have an average starting price of $89.00 and an average sold price of $358.00. You can also try searching completed listings.

Cost to list:

Insertion fee: $3.00
Buy It Now fee: $0.25
Gallery fee: Free
Total: $3.251

In other words, you can make anywhere from 70 to 100 dollars on Ebay, per Wii you want to put up on Ebay.

When supply is infinite, you won't be able to sell a Wii for over 250 bucks.

Also, during Xmas last year, they were going averagely for 700 dollars at one point. Some were selling for 1200 dollars.

So, to recap, I dont' think a lot of you guys realize that the Wii really is supply constrained and in very high demand, and is regularly selling thousands of units a day on Ebay for 100 dollars more than the retail price tag. This is an undisputable and provable fact, as I just proved it.

If you guys wanna know if the Wii is still supply constrained in the future, just email me and I'll tell you.

How am i going to make 70-100 dollars, when the average price is $358, it costs $317 for the final unit at the store, plus the $3 ebay cost, plus the free shipping that i will need to put on the unit, lets assume thats $20. So thats now only $18 for each wii i can sell, then i need to pay for my gas to drive to the stores and to the post office to mail the thing, along with all my time. So once its all said and done i will make $7.

A. Because the average price doesn't include the exhorbatant amount you can charge for shipping, which costs about 5 dollars for a Wii sized package, in reality.

B. Because the average prices is way below what the item usually goes for, just like ever item for ebay's average price is way lower than the usual selling price.

C. Where do you get 317 dollars from? That would be 21 percent sales tax....I think where I live I pay 7 percent.

D. You can't calculate gas prices, lol.

Look man, I'm telling you, if I saw a Wii, I'd buy it. I could make about 70 dollars. Your math just doesn't make any sense, lol....

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

frybread said:

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Cost to list:

Insertion fee: $3.00
Buy It Now fee: $0.25
Gallery fee: Free
Total: $3.251

I wish. You're forgetting Ebay's final value fee percentage, which is pretty steep. All in all, listing a Wii on Ebay is about $14 ($24 is you go featured, which is worth it). Paypal takes another 3%, which comes out to about $10, and shipping (which everyone expect to be free nowadays) will cost you ~$15.

All together that's about $40, or $50 if you go featured.

After paying $270 for a Wii (with tax) and listing it for $50, you're really not making much profit at all. Unless you get it tax-free online, which takes some patience. There are better ways to make money.

Granted, however I feel it isn't worth it to go featured. There are better ways to make money, but like I say, the average price doesn't include shipping, and it always significantly lower than what the item actually costs to buy, as nobody is buying high priced items, but people get deals all the time. You know how ebay works, it seems, so you know there is profit potential there.

I mean, for 50 bucks, I'd go through the trouble, considering I do it everyday for videogames I might make 10 dollars each off of.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Marty8370 said:
Wii, lol. Who cares?

... You're gonna have trouble convincing me that you're opinion is inciteful, ...

Clearly his opinion is ment to incite, but not as an insight.

The urge to play is a terrible thing to waste.

The Wii shortages are on purpose - Nintendo sells most wiis on eBay for twice the price

Around the Network

None readily available in Boston MA area.

Until they are readily available at Amazon, its hard to believe that supply has caught up with demand.

I saw one on my mall last weekend, my cousin bought it

they were in stock yesterday,then when i saw today there werent any left

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I've literally seen hundreds of Wiis in stock in tons of stores I've been to lately. I was quite shocked, actually. Also, heaps of copies of Brawl to be found here EVERYWHERE. Really, I believe Nintendo overestimated Brawl's popularity quite a bit. I have never -EVER- seen this many copies of a single game in stores in my entire life, anywhere. Not even close. Even the smallest shops have like at least a dozen or so copies of Brawl on shelves. And it's been out for some time now here in Europe, too. Obviously there was quite some demand for the game, and I don't need to tell anyone here that the Wii itself has been in short supply ever since its release, but obviouly a LOT more games were shipped than was actually demand for. And it would seem supply of the console itself has finally met with demand as well, because it's readily available everywhere.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

yes they are in stocks in lots...
same as the xbox360

ps3 80gb are the ones hard to find, and if they are selling it at 800$ and they have like 1 - 2.