By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest firmware update kills Wii Freeloader

@ameratsu: Wait... Did the Canadian Retailers raise New Wii Games back to $60 now?

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Around the Network

I bought an american Wii because the PAL virtual console games are nerfed. They run in 50 Hz with borders, i.e. they run almost 20% too slow and with incorrect aspect ratio. That was unacceptable to me, so I had to import.

Got the Freeloader last week to be able to play my old PAL gamecube games. Goddamnit, guess I can't pack away my PAL gamecube just yet anyway.

Fuck you Nintendo. I'll never buy any PAL games or consoles again. It's all import from US/Canada from now on.

Just install the Homebrew Channel before updating, it has already a Gecko Freeloader version for it. I just don't have tested it but I know that it exists!

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D

Where do you get the homebrew channel and how do you install it?

I'm not really suprised. Nintendo loves to hate the European Market just a bit more than MS and Sony do. Who knows why.

Yes

Around the Network
misteromar mk4 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

This is like someone stealing cookies from a cookie factory and then getting mad when they lock the doors.

Seriously, just buy the games for your area.

Whatever buddy, you dont know the pain of pal gamers.

Wait 6 months and pay twice as much.

Not our fault your currency sucks ass.

LOL, I realy don't believe plp pay 40 bucks in a trucha-signed disk...

As I aways say: Piracy isn't cool, but if you need to do it for some reason (your mother don't give enought money for all the games for example), do it yourself, never buy piracy...

Btw, there is already a solution for the anti-trucha protection, I'll be able to play uncensored manhunt 2 soon again... the only problem is to run it in a un-modded wii, so for plp that bought freeloader it won't help, unless you mod ur wii.

www.cuidar.com.br

@ares: as far as i know, the wii freeloader has NOTHING to do with piracy. Also, the piracy horse has been beaten to death so many times I don't even understand the point of saying that "piracy isn't cool". Thank you captain obvious.

@takkxys: I was refering to ps3/x360 games. wii games are still $50. IMO $40-$50 is the sweet spot for new games.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Nintendo gave PAL Mario Kart before America. Its not all bad. If you imported Brawl though so you wouldn't have to wait 6 months, I can see why you would be angry.

I updated, now I have to buy Brawl again X_X.

Sigh I am starting to hate Nintendo;....What we do was not illegal...It would have not harmed Nintendo anyway sigh...