By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest firmware update kills Wii Freeloader

Words Of Wisdom said:

This is like someone stealing cookies from a cookie factory and then getting mad when they lock the doors.

Seriously, just buy the games for your area.

Whatever buddy, you dont know the pain of pal gamers.

Wait 6 months and pay twice as much.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Around the Network
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

This is like someone stealing cookies from a cookie factory and then getting mad when they lock the doors.

I probably will...

But I'll still be able to use my old save file with the PAL version right?

Sorry man, I dont think you can. Back up your saves also because the update says it will delete saves from other regions.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

misteromar mk4 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I probably will...

Sorry man, I dont think you can. Back up your saves also because the update says it will delete saves from other regions.

Wow, those pricks. I ought to write them an angry letter >_>

misteromar mk4 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I probably will...

You can't backup saves of any online wii game.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Jessman said:
No, comes out on the 26th, and i got it for 40 dollars AU

I got mine bundled with Brawl for $140 a few weeks ago.

I'm really annoyed at Nintendo and the way they treat their PAL fanbase.

Well they do that firmwere update for everyone in every region and second this is why Nintendo does these firewere updates a lot since they can update the Wii.

Nintendo estimates it lost $975m worldwide in 2007 due to piracy

We're always a little skeptical of piracy impact numbers, especially when companies try to factor in things like "lost sales," which can't be adequately measured, but it's still interesting to hear how large the hit is estimated to be -- like Nintendo's recent filing with the US Trade Representative that piracy cost it and its partners some $975m worldwide in 2007. Saying that the popularity of the Wii and DS makes Nintendo an "attractive target" for counterfeiters, the big N broke the problem down by region, highlighting its efforts to stem the tide and proposed solutions and regulations. We'd say that with profits soaring and plenty of people clamoring for hard-to-find systems, Nintendo could probably get back a little of that cash by finally getting some boxes on shelves instead of pushing for new laws, but hey -- even Mario's lawyers probably get sick of being paid in mushrooms.

[Image courtesy of Nick Cueva]

source

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
misteromar mk4 said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

I probably will...

You can't backup saves of any online wii game.

Well your stuffed bud, I can think of worse things than playing through brawl again.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Words Of Wisdom said:

Except in my country, Nintendo is actually the bad guy because they are restricting freedom of trade.

The tradeoff is though, that modchip are legal here (as long as they do deregioning).

I thought this was already done in the last update.
Anyway, since I was at 100 Miis, I actually was glad to see the update.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Damn, I should have checked online before freaking updating my Wii.

I don't have the freeloader, but I was planning on picking one up along with several US Wii games (I have a JP Wii since I'm living in Japan) when I go back home for a visit at the end of next month. Looks like that plan is screwed... :(

I wish the Wii was region-free (like the DS/DS lite) 

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

lol