By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest firmware update kills Wii Freeloader

Boycott Nintendo!!!!Boycott Nintendo!!!!Boycott Nintendo!!!!

LOL........

Poor PS3 Sales Means Smaller Losses

"Actually, because the number of units sold was not as high as we hoped, the loss was better than our original expectation," Quotes from Sony’s CFO Nobuyuki Oneda.

Around the Network

Why can't you people that have these issues either:

A: buy a wii from the region you plan on buying the games for
B: buy only the games for the region you Wii is from

I mean is it really that hard to wait a little while for a game?

@ Superchunk

I mean, they do wait forever for games though. Three months after we Brawl in America they're finally getting it down under.

That must suck.

OT:

I don't know why Ninty cares about the freeloader. You still have to buy the game in order for you to play it, so they still make money on it.

Weird.

superchunk said:

Eh...Well I have a JP Wii since I've been living in Japan for almost 2 years now. I would like to occasionally play games in English though (as I'm from the US). Also some stuff like Okami Wii(what I was definitely planning on buying) is not available here in Japan and who knows when it will come out...

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

superchunk said:

If money grew on trees, A would definitely be a great choice. Since it doesn't, you'd probably be screwed by losing your warranty if your console malfunctions.

B is feasible, but it clearly is no solution to people who want to play games unavailable in their region. Region locking sucks, which is why I wanted HD-DVD to win (I'm not particularly interested in HD formats, but it would have been a step in the right direction).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I will side with the PAL guys. Region free consoles is more next gen than motion controls and HD graphics.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

ItsaMii said:
I will side with the PAL guys. Region free consoles is more next gen than motion controls and HD graphics.

Now, I completely agree with this. The consoles should be region free. That is by far the best answer, but, since it is not, my choices above should be the only real options.

i wonder if they are tryign ot get ready for china

You get to have seen this coming since both the FreeLoader and some other piracy enabled options (as well as homebrew) are all based on this exploit, it was only a matter of time before they actually patch it for a system with a firmware updating capability.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Definately sucks for Wii owners from certain regions. I think new games are overpriced at $60 canadian, I can't imagine paying $100+ for a regular version. I hope another solution comes along for you guys.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka