By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Latest firmware update kills Wii Freeloader

Words Of Wisdom said:

This is like someone stealing cookies from a cookie factory and then getting mad when they lock the doors.

Seriously, just buy the games for your area.

We've already had this argument and I'm not doing it again.

When Nintendo sells games for the same price in Australia at the same time as US, then I'll buy games here. Don't give me that "you got mario kart before us" bullshit, we got it three days before USA, and we're still waiting for brawl.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Why can't you people that have these issues either:

A: buy a wii from the region you plan on buying the games for
B: buy only the games for the region you Wii is from

I mean is it really that hard to wait a little while for a game?

A little while?! Ok, fine with me!

Fucking half a YEAR?!... No freakin' way... I'm not planning on buying Brawl any longer... Fuck Nintendo! I lost all my interest in that game a LONG time ago!... Will play MGS4 instead, it's their own fault! Should've released the game in the 21st century, Nintendo... Not like in... well, July 27th ... You get the point! Hype is gone, half a year too late! I don't blame the people who imported the game.

THE NETHERLANDS

Katilian said:
shams said:
Can't believe you guys are surprised - it really was inevitable.

As they move more into online gaming, its going to be critical for them to ensure no warez software runs on Wii units.

I hope they crush piracy 100% - forever - and maybe games will come down in price even further.

AHAHAHAHHAHAhahaha, thats a good one. If piracy stopped tomorrow, why would they reduce prices? Those who already buy games at the current prices will continue to do so and those that still want to play games will have to pay the current prices. Why reduce the amount you can take in once you've removed part of the competition?

When piracy is eradicated (yeah, right) finally everyone will notice that it didn't cost them nearly as much as they always claimed.

The company that makes the freeloader has offered pirating as an option in past versions. So I can see why they blocked it.

The Freeloader guys also don't have a license from Nintendo, so why should Nintendo allow that software to run? They shouldn't! Otherwise other companies paying the licensing fee's would want their money back.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

omgwtfbbq said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

This is like someone stealing cookies from a cookie factory and then getting mad when they lock the doors.

When Nintendo sells games for the same price in Australia at the same time as US, then I'll buy games here. Don't give me that "you got mario kart before us" bullshit, we got it three days before USA, and we're still waiting for brawl.

Your statement makes about as much sense as this one:  "When the company starts paying me more, I'll stop embezzling."

The fact that you don't like the way things are run doesn't give you the right to do something unethical.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
omgwtfbbq said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Your statement makes about as much sense as this one:  "When the company starts paying me more, I'll stop embezzling."

The fact that you don't like the way things are run doesn't give you the right to do something unethical.

What's unethical about playing games from another region?

Snesboy said:
misteromar mk4 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Whatever buddy, you dont know the pain of pal gamers.

Wait 6 months and pay twice as much.

Not our fault your currency sucks ass.

LOL, your wrong there buddy, the us$ is only worth a few more cents than the aus$. We get higher wages, so the % of a games cost to our average wage is about equal to america. But its not our fault your country has low wages and a lower standard of living, why should we pay more because your country sucks arse.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Words Of Wisdom said:
omgwtfbbq said:
Words Of Wisdom said:

Except embezzling is illegal, whereas modding/importing is perfectly legal. Not to mention embezzling is definitely stealing. All I am doing is buying from another shop. I seriously fail to understand your argument, there is absolutely no justification for why games should be released 6 months late for twice the price in Australia. I don't see how anyone can possibly say that importing games is unethical?

Is it unethical to buy your clothes at a different shop because it's cheaper? What difference does it make if that shop is in a different state, or a different country? What difference does does it make for video games instead of clothes?

Ares said:
@ bloody swamp - In march Nintendo added the IOS37 to the system, and it still disabled. What they did this time was upgrade the IOS30.

http://hackmii.com/ - they "discompiled" almost all upgrade (the twilight part of it), you can see what nintendo realy did... they just put some small programs to block or delete illegal stuff... not very hard to clean it...

Thanks for the link

Anyway, the point was it was known around the launch of Freeloader that Nintendo had developped those fixes (as said in your link, the code of the fixes in the new IOS30 is the same as March's IOS37).

There can't be any surprise that those fixes finally came out. Anyone who bought the Freeloader should have been aware of the this risk.

Ares said:
"@ares: as far as i know, the wii freeloader has NOTHING to do with piracy. Also, the piracy horse has been beaten to death so many times I don't even understand the point of saying that "piracy isn't cool". Thank you captain obvious."

I said that cuz I leave in a country (Brasil) where 99% of the games are pirated and there is a bunch of plp that don't give a damn about it... I have more than 60 downloaded wii games (I won't spend a penny in a censured manhunt for example, just buy original AAA games like SSBB, Wiifit and I'm planning in get no more heroes or zack and wiki).

Freeloader is made from the same tring (Trucha) that makes uncensored manhunt or the mario kart pal I was using before I got my mario kart ntsc, it is not homologated by Nintendo, so it is illegal (against the Wii "EULA") and everybody knew that if some day a trucha-bug fix would disable freeloader (and since two months ago we already knew that nintendo had IOS37 to do that, they were just testing until now).

You're a shame to us brazilians... Please, at least say "live" instead of "leave", and "Brazil" instead of "Brasil". And I've not gone to the piracy point yet

^Click on cards to level'em up!!!^ =D