By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you like to see in the next Zelda?

Grey Acumen said:
Oh, and if people want full all lines are voiced. then every phrase needs to be spoken in Hylian. Hylian text is all based on japanese, so just mix japanese with LotR elvish?

You mean like Midna in TP? I wouldn't mind if everyone talked in a similar method to her, but with different, less echoey voices.

Around the Network

I'd like more use of the magic system that they had in OoT but make it more like Eternal Darkness, where you can combine runes and then charm your sword, arrows etc which would have varying effects on your enemies, but don't make it too contrived where everything is just colour coded.

A story.

Maybe even one that doesnt involve rescueing a princess. But I guess thats Nintendo's MO so I wont hold my breath.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"

L.C.E.C. said:
Grey Acumen said:
Oh, and if people want full all lines are voiced. then every phrase needs to be spoken in Hylian. Hylian text is all based on japanese, so just mix japanese with LotR elvish?

You mean like Midna in TP? I wouldn't mind if everyone talked in a similar method to her, but with different, less echoey voices.

Essentially, yes, like Midna, but I wasn't sure if she was speaking hylian, or her own similar dialect.

I really liked Midna though, she was by far the best companion character that Link has ever had. She was snarky, but still had her sweet moments. Compare that to Navi (SO aggravating), Tatl (pale shadow of navi), and Tingle(he was the closest thing Wind Waker had to one, and that was horrible) and she's definitely raised the bar.

Enzo from Minish Cap probably comes in a close second, but he's a lot more of a comedy routine than Midna was, not as much character development either.

If Link could get a companion character like them again, I would definitely go for it.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

|_emmiwinks said:

A story.

Maybe even one that doesnt involve rescueing a princess. But I guess thats Nintendo's MO so I wont hold my breath.

Because that is the story for every zelda game? Sorry, but it's more like saving the kingdom. The main plot isn't to save princess zelda.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
I would like to see more cows.

The Legend of Zelda is the only main Nintendo franchise that has never seen cows. This is a fact, it is a certainity. The chances of it being true exceeds the possible.

Someone forgot to visit the Lon Lon Ranch in OoT.

Didn't they have cows hidden all throughout Hyrule in OoT? :P

makingmusic476 said:
naznatips said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:
I would like to see more cows.

The Legend of Zelda is the only main Nintendo franchise that has never seen cows. This is a fact, it is a certainity. The chances of it being true exceeds the possible.

Someone forgot to visit the Lon Lon Ranch in OoT.

Didn't they have cows hidden all throughout Hyrule in OoT? :P

Yeah, there were tons of cows underground... you hear the "moo", wonder where the hell it was coming from, Stone of Agony rumbles, bomb the ground, fall, find the cow.

@ Oyvoyvoyv - play Jabu-Jabu's Belly on OoT Master Quest... you'll get your fill of cows for sure.

2D.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Kenology said:

Too lazy to read through this thread, but just give me:

- some twisted and evil, ball-busting puzzles in and outside of dungeons - the Zelda masochist that I am wants to be stumped, it makes solving the puzzle all the more satisfying.

- enemies that actually take a chunk of life when they hit you and not some quarter-of-a-heart crap. Enemies in Zelda 1 used to take so much ass, making armor upgrades actually worth a damn and necessary. I'd like to actually have a challenge and die again in a Zelda game.

- Oblivion-sized world would be awesome if they can keep it as engaging as previous overworlds.

- collecting swords, armor, and other weapons and accessories amass would be nice. If it would be necessary to include a rudimentary stat system than so be it.

- more Bomber's Notebook style side-quests. The Bomber's Notebook is the still the greatest and most engaging collection of side-quests ever in an Adventure/RPG.

- strap Koji Kondo to his chair in the studio and don't let his ass out until he composes a whole songbook full of sweet Zelda music. Toru Minegishi did a damn good job with Twilight Princess, probably the best non-Kondo Zelda score sans maybe Kazumi Totoka's Link's Awakening, but Kondo needs to start composing again; his fans demand it.

I agree with everything you said, especially the last point!  I think Kondo's music could've really improved the atmosphere in TP.  OoT-WW all had little bits of music that drew me to certain areas, and TP had very little of that.  I need more stuff as awesome as the Lost Woods theme and the Song of Storms.

The only point I kind've don't agree with is your Oblivion point.  That would just be too damn big, imo.

Soriku said:
lolita said:
Soriku said:
Link should also be more acrobatic. Now, I don't mean uber acrobatic like Sora in KH2 lol, but make it so he can do things like aerial attacks be able to jump and do some twists to attack the enemy. I didn't really like TP because Link's sword moves were so simple. I mean, anyone could do the same things Link could do in TP lol. The counters in TWW were a good start. Expand upon that.

Huh? I actually thought Link's moves were EXPANDED moves based on WW. There was far more moves/parry/attack types than WW. O-o

In TP they just used TWW's parries for skills and added some other skills that weren't acrobatic at all. That's not expanding. I'd like the more acrobatic moves to be a "default" or normal attack rather than some hidden skill or parry.

The counters totally noobified the controls.  Instead having to jump around and avoid hits yourself, you'd just hit A at the right moment and get a flashy insta-kill.