By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you like to see in the next Zelda?

for those people complaining about my difficulty slider thing, I'm talking about actual AI difficulty slider, NOT just damage and power slider. I thought that went without saying, but I'll go back and say it for those people who didn't realize.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

What I would personally like is to not see another Zelda game of any kind until late 2010 at the soonest. They need to hold off and focus on reviving classic, unused franchises, and brand new IP's to remain fresh.

One of the biggest complaints about Nintendo is how it sticks too it's key franchises too much and I'd like to see them conquer that criticism, personally.

I'm half tempted to start a campaign to not see any new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Pokemon games for at least 2-3 years so we can have some fresh new stuff for once.

Could you imagine co-op Zelda? Zelda as a spell-caster with support and healing and Link with his Sword and Shield? Maybe even transform into Shiek... Combination attacks and combining items and abilities to reach new places. Man that would be so awesome.

TP is my first Zelda game I've played this long (I touched on OoT and WW), but I agree with everything.

I feel like TP is Zelda: Lite, as everything seems too easy. Like, I expect to die a couple of times on bosses, but that doesn't happen. And the only time I was stumped was because I forgot to do something menial, and I overthought why I couldn't progress in the dungeon. God of War's puzzles are harder.

Well, I just got the Master sword, or whatever it's called, so maybe it get's tougher/harder from there...

Grey Acumen said:
for those people complaining about my difficulty slider thing, I'm talking about actual AI difficulty slider, NOT just damage and power slider. I thought that went without saying, but I'll go back and say it for those people who didn't realize.

I understand, but very few games have effectively instituted an AI slider.  Most games just beef up the health and accuracy of NPCs (for instance bots in CS:S).

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
TP is my first Zelda game I've played this long (I touched on OoT and WW), but I agree with everything.

I feel like TP is Zelda: Lite, as everything seems too easy. Like, I expect to die a couple of times on bosses, but that doesn't happen. And the only time I was stumped was because I forgot to do something menial, and I overthought why I couldn't progress in the dungeon. God of War's puzzles are harder.

Well, I just got the Master sword, or whatever it's called, so maybe it get's tougher/harder from there...

You MUST get OoT on the VC, and MM whenever it comes out!

Also, Pit kicks ass, huh? :)  Don't let all the haters tell you he's cheap, lol.

makingmusic476 said:
Grey Acumen said:

I understand, but very few games have effectively instituted an AI slider.  Most games just beef up the health and accuracy of NPCs (for instance bots in CS:S).

I know of no games with advanced AI like that.  

I hate to break it to you guys, but AI sucks in the video game industry.  It always has, and it continues to do so throughout this generation.  Even on PC with all its advanced technology.  If you want challenge in a Zelda game look for it in better puzzles, not better AI.

Too lazy to read through this thread, but just give me:

- some twisted and evil, ball-busting puzzles in and outside of dungeons - the Zelda masochist that I am wants to be stumped, it makes solving the puzzle all the more satisfying.

- enemies that actually take a chunk of life when they hit you and not some quarter-of-a-heart crap. Enemies in Zelda 1 used to take so much ass, making armor upgrades actually worth a damn and necessary. I'd like to actually have a challenge and die again in a Zelda game.

- Oblivion-sized world would be awesome if they can keep it as engaging as previous overworlds.

- collecting swords, armor, and other weapons and accessories amass would be nice. If it would be necessary to include a rudimentary stat system than so be it.

- more Bomber's Notebook style side-quests. The Bomber's Notebook is the still the greatest and most engaging collection of side-quests ever in an Adventure/RPG.

- strap Koji Kondo to his chair in the studio and don't let his ass out until he composes a whole songbook full of sweet Zelda music. Toru Minegishi did a damn good job with Twilight Princess, probably the best non-Kondo Zelda score sans maybe Kazumi Totoka's Link's Awakening, but Kondo needs to start composing again; his fans demand it.

A nice BIG playstation logo on the case but i know it is never going to hapen, i think i am having withdrawl systems from not having zelda but i really do not want to part with nearly £200 just for that 1 game

obieslut said:
A nice BIG playstation logo on the case but i know it is never going to hapen, i think i am having withdrawl systems from not having zelda but i really do not want to part with nearly £200 just for that 1 game

But it's so worth it.