By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you like to see in the next Zelda?

naznatips said:
makingmusic476 said:
Grey Acumen said:
for those people complaining about my difficulty slider thing, I'm talking about actual AI difficulty slider, NOT just damage and power slider. I thought that went without saying, but I'll go back and say it for those people who didn't realize.

I understand, but very few games have effectively instituted an AI slider. Most games just beef up the health and accuracy of NPCs (for instance bots in CS:S).

I know of no games with advanced AI like that.

I hate to break it to you guys, but AI sucks in the video game industry. It always has, and it continues to do so throughout this generation. Even on PC with all its advanced technology. If you want challenge in a Zelda game look for it in better puzzles, not better AI.

That's a defeatist attitude. At the very absolute least, you could make the enemies faster so their moves aren't telegraphed as obviously.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network

As much as a risk it would be Zelda needs voice acting. Also the plot needs a new direction. like Majoras Mask, the stories of a chosen boy who becomes a hero like the hero of time need sorting. Nevertheless this is the one title that I probably wont grow out of unlike mario bros kart etc. Zelda is and always be a system seller for me.

Ynwa.

I would like to see more cows.

The Legend of Zelda is the only main Nintendo franchise that has never seen cows. This is a fact, it is a certainity. The chances of it being true exceeds the possible.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

The Legend of Zelda is the only main Nintendo franchise that has never seen cows. This is a fact, it is a certainity. The chances of it being true exceeds the possible.

Someone forgot to visit the Lon Lon Ranch in OoT.

naznatips said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Someone forgot to visit the Lon Lon Ranch in OoT.

And Romani Ranch in Majora's Mask. O_o Also Lon Lon Ranch in Minish Cap.

Around the Network

Make it less linear. Zelda I was the least linear, you could take dungeons in different orders, and a lot of important items like the armors you got outside of dungeons, and in Zelda II and III you didn't have to do everything in order either (tho it came naturally at most points, but you still had choices). OoT, WW, and TP were too linear, tho atleast in WW you could muck about for hours exploring the sea, and that gave some feeling of unlinearity. Majora's Mask had so many sidequests it didn't feel very linear, even tho you needed to get key items from a specific area to go into a new area.

Optional items! That means, cool items that are _not_ absolutely required to advance in the game, but just gives you an advantage as certain points. Like the Biggoron sword in OoT or the Gilded Sworded in MM, or the ice staff from LTTP. And make them hard to find/get!

Please make it harder. Not damn hard, just make me scared of dying at least. I used to die in OoT sometimes when I was younger. Played it again recently, didn't die once, but atleast I came close a few times. In Windwaker I never died, and in TP I only died once, the first time I fought those monsters that come out of the warp points, but I only had 3 hearts then, and didn't know that I had to kill the last two at once until I had lost 2,5 hearts :)

Exploration is very important to me. Please don't guide me too much, let me muck about, but don't make it pure guesswork to know where to go next either. Exploration was one of the key defining things of the first Zelda game, and it needs to be in focus for the series.

Oh, and if people want full all lines are voiced. then every phrase needs to be spoken in Hylian. Hylian text is all based on japanese, so just mix japanese with LotR elvish?

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Soriku said:
Link should also be more acrobatic. Now, I don't mean uber acrobatic like Sora in KH2 lol, but make it so he can do things like aerial attacks be able to jump and do some twists to attack the enemy. I didn't really like TP because Link's sword moves were so simple. I mean, anyone could do the same things Link could do in TP lol. The counters in TWW were a good start. Expand upon that.

Huh? I actually thought Link's moves were EXPANDED moves based on WW. There was far more moves/parry/attack types than WW. O-o

I would like to see you use items in places you've already beaten. I mean, say you've gone through the first temple, and remember something that looked like a door, but you couldn't open it. And maybe after a quest you compleat for a guy after say the third temple, you get a new item to open said door. And he doesn't tell you what it does. So maybe you'll play for hours
before you say "Damn, let me go back and see if it opens that door I couldn't open..." I like that sort of extra stuff.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

I think it would be neat if a 3rd faction was seeking out the Triforces.

They could use that third Faction to tell us why the same story seems to infinitely repeat itself in the Zelda universe?

I have played the game since the original and I want a little more depth about the games I have played.

WW showed that they have memories of past Zeldas, Links and Gannons, so why is it all happening?

I guess I want a story that ties the franchise all together and also takes the stakes higher.

It has to be more difficult too the games are getting too easy.

I liked Z-2 and I wish some of the character skill customization and the difficult sword fights would return.

I would like i t love it if one of the OLD Links returned and both the New Gannon and Link were threatened by him. I would hope that it would be the OoT/MM/Soul Calibur- Link would return perhaps infected by the the Soul Sword--- but that just me.