By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What would you like to see in the next Zelda?

well the only way for it to be a "hardcore" game is to use the power of the cell and bluray, so i think it needs to have girls that are almost naked, guns, explosions, cars that i can steal, government spies and agents, giant war machines, product placement, and at least 8 hour cut scenes...if it doesn't have all that then its just doomed to fail

Around the Network
|_emmiwinks said:

A story.

Maybe even one that doesnt involve rescueing a princess. But I guess thats Nintendo's MO so I wont hold my breath.

I don't think you know which Zelda series we are talking about.. the only one where she is the only threatened person (that i can think of) is phantom hourglass and perhaps zelda 1/2.. all the other zelda games are about saving hyrule/great sea/termina in some form or another

|_emmiwinks said:

A story.

Maybe even one that doesnt involve rescueing a princess. But I guess thats Nintendo's MO so I wont hold my breath.

You can say that about all series games. How was any Halo that different? What about GTA? Personally, Nintendo needs to continue to do what they have been doing with Zelda. Each games has been different but not enough to change what the series is.

they could always do the classic...hey ther is a bigger enemy and lets team up thing

CHYUII said:
I think it would be neat if a 3rd faction was seeking out the Triforces.

They could use that third Faction to tell us why the same story seems to infinitely repeat itself in the Zelda universe?

I have played the game since the original and I want a little more depth about the games I have played.

WW showed that they have memories of past Zeldas, Links and Gannons, so why is it all happening?

I guess I want a story that ties the franchise all together and also takes the stakes higher.

It has to be more difficult too the games are getting too easy.

I liked Z-2 and I wish some of the character skill customization and the difficult sword fights would return.

I would like i t love it if one of the OLD Links returned and both the New Gannon and Link were threatened by him. I would hope that it would be the OoT/MM/Soul Calibur- Link would return perhaps infected by the the Soul Sword--- but that just me.

I'd love to see difficult sword-fights, too--especially with the Wii-Mote!

Also, the old skeleton-dude that teaches you special moves in TP is the Link from OoT (the version that 'doesn't' travel through time).

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

Can I just have TP 2...

I think link should get his own crid where he can keep all of the Crap he has saved up... maybe it could have options to build a shooting range in the basement, or for the chicks who play the game to touche up the place with some interior design options. This kind of stuff really expands the audience and adds to replay.

Also, I know this sounds a bit sappy but they should Link get a little romance in his life. Zelda has a teen rating now... do something with it. Who knows when you have a romance it makes it easier to get emotional involved in a game... and who knows, if you have a romance it gives you the option to kill her off for some real dramitic affect.. Then of course part of the story would be to find a way to bring her back : )

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

bigjon said:

Can I just have TP 2...

I think link should get his own crid where he can keep all of the Crap he has saved up... maybe it could have options to build a shooting range in the basement, or for the chicks who play the game to touche up the place with some interior design options. This kind of stuff really expands the audience and adds to replay.

Also, I know this sounds a bit sappy but they should Link get a little romance in his life. Zelda has a teen rating now... do something with it. Who knows when you have a romance it makes it easier to get emotional involved in a game... and who knows, if you have a romance it gives you the option to kill her off for some real dramitic affect.. Then of course part of the story would be to find a way to bring her back : )

LoZ meets GTAIV?  Your goal in the game is to court a love interest named Michelle by sending her messages via carrier pigeon, then picking her up with Epona (and the new item in the series - the Wagon) and taking her to the milk bar, or the shooting range, or wherever.

@thekitchensink:  The old guy is Majora's Mask Link?  I never thought of that.

Shouldn't he be dead by then?  I thought TP took place ~100 years after OoT/MM...

Seeing nintendo's casual route they been taking..this game could be made more simple and easier.

I predict top down view.

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Soriku said:
Link should also be more acrobatic.

So you want him to be a flaming fairy.

lol jk

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

mesoteto said:
they could always do the classic...hey ther is a bigger enemy and lets team up thing

Actually, the original concept of Shadow of the Colossus (at the time dubbed "Nico") involved multiple players taking down a single Colossus in tandem (presumably via online):