By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Screens

wfz said:
how do you set up the lan exactly?

I don't think any games use it yet, but I think it would be wireless.

Around the Network

Do all the consoles have to be set up to TVs? Only two of my friends have Wii's so that automatically rules out 4 player, and I only have 1 TV.

Mint said:

"My only problem with this game is the jaggies. They got to fix them. "

Only way to fix is add some AA, but since the Wii's resolution is 640x480, same as the screenshots.

When your playing you won't notice, every Wii game has that, since it's played on a TV and not an LCD moniter, it won't be too bad.

Reminds me of Half Life 2, so awesome.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there LCD TVs? JK Actually the Wii's resolution can go higher than 640x480. Widescreen Brawl runs in 853x480. The game also reminds me of Half-Life 2. I've been hoping for a Half-Life on the Wii but this will due!

I wouldn't say the Wii is able to even compare to 2004 high end pc, more like 2002.
I still play FFXI online and there is no way the wii can pump out something similair compared to the max setting of FFXI, and I can run that max setting even with an old ATI 9800. That game came out like 5 years ago and thats when I got that 9800 pro card.

Pk9394 said:
I wouldn't say the Wii is able to even compare to 2004 high end pc, more like 2002.
I still play FFXI online and there is no way the wii can pump out something similair compared to the max setting of FFXI, and I can run that max setting even with an old ATI 9800. That game came out like 5 years ago and thats when I got that 9800 pro card.
Sorry , but wasn't FFXI built for the ps2? Funny tell me why the wii wouldn't be able to run it.

Around the Network

I didn't like the graphics at all on that enemy in the first screenshot. He looked muddled and like made up of 10 polygons, with vomit green on him.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Seems a bit Duke Nukem-esque. MP3 looks better, imo, so I don't get where the graphics hype was coming from.

While Metroid Prime 3 is amazingly beautiful it doesn't stand up technically to the conduit.
See More Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Screenshot at IGN.com
See More The Conduit Screenshot at IGN.com

I have to give credit to prime 3 for the nice lighting, and less aliasing, but in everything else the conduit is superior. Textures are more detailed, there are more polygons, some character models such as your main character are more detailedin the conduit, but overall Metroid Prime 3 has better character models. The gun models are more detailed in the conduit though compared to samus' cannon. I will give metroid prime 3 credit though with the better art direction and is by far the better looking of the two, but the conduit overall is probably more taxing on the hardware, and you notice it by seeing the game run at 30fps while prime 3 runs at 60fps. Now you might say it's because retro is more familiar with the hardware than high voltage. Both of these games are inferior to games like Fatal Frame IV or SMG though in the graphics area. I could see the next Zelda besting all games on the wii though.

Edit: If you haven't noticed already I'm a big metroid  fan and beaten corruption 7 times.

makingmusic476 said:
Seems a bit Duke Nukem-esque. MP3 looks better, imo, so I don't get where the graphics hype was coming from.

well this is still in development,in the end it will look better then now

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Also the conduit looks far better in motion. Watch this gameplay video if you haven't already.
http://wii.ign.com/dor/objects/14248157/the-conduit/videos/conduit_trailer_051608.html