By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

some interesting answers in the interview - when asked upon split screen they said "not this version", that indicates their maybe thinking of making this a series. Also said their looking into voice chat but cant promise anything rather than an outright No - maybe they think somewhere down the line the Wii's getting voice chat for friends perhaps or at least it's being considered.

Around the Network

Those screens look good from a Wii perspective. But anyone who owns a PS3 or Xbox 360 will just go meh. Don't know why, but I get some sort of enjoyment from seeing this game getting criticized lol. Maybe it was because of the comment from High Voltage saying that they can make a Wii game look as good as the HD consoles. That kinda got me ticked off lol. Talk about over exaggeration.
Still, saying all that. I hope this game turns out good. I'm sick of seeing rubbish games getting released, esp when they sell millions. Oh the poor souls. Also lets hope this game never dips under 30 fps =D

Viper1 said:

Did you play any of the original Turoks? Not many actual dinosaurs themselves. Plenty of mutated reptilian humanoids and insectoid creatures. I see a lot of insectoid creatures in this the Conduit.

Something else to note, Aliens were in Perfect Dark and you're not always in an armored suit nor are you anonymous.

EDIT: Had to add this. Notice the two comparison shots. What is the overall color theme being displayed? Damn if it isn't brown.

Heh, they said in one interview they were trying to make the game look like a 360 title.

360 is brown, our furture as gamers are brown, admit it.

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

sc94597 said:
Pk9394 said:
I wouldn't say the Wii is able to even compare to 2004 high end pc, more like 2002.
I still play FFXI online and there is no way the wii can pump out something similair compared to the max setting of FFXI, and I can run that max setting even with an old ATI 9800. That game came out like 5 years ago and thats when I got that 9800 pro card.
Sorry , but wasn't FFXI built for the ps2? Funny tell me why the wii wouldn't be able to run it.

did you even understand what I wrote?? able to run the game does not mean it can compare to the pc version in graphic quality.  the ps2 version looks like crap compare to pc version on full setting, and I was replying to the other post saying Wii is comparable to 2004 high end pc.  My pc isnt even considered a highend back then.  if you want see comparison then just go to a FFXI community site and request a comparison of ps2 screen and a pc screen with full setting on.

Back to the game, judging from the picture and the trailer it definitely looks very good for a wii game.

i argee with the trend that it doesn't look all 2 impressive

Around the Network

Looks great to me.

More important is the controls, i hope they can get it right, like MoH2 whitch had great controls, very fast & presise.

I'm actually hoping they push the release futher back, all the way to Q4 09. Giving them way more time to polish it and maybe add more content..

GIVE US SOME AA DAMNIT , the jaggies just kill anything else going for it.

Pk9394 said:
sc94597 said:
Pk9394 said:
I wouldn't say the Wii is able to even compare to 2004 high end pc, more like 2002.
I still play FFXI online and there is no way the wii can pump out something similair compared to the max setting of FFXI, and I can run that max setting even with an old ATI 9800. That game came out like 5 years ago and thats when I got that 9800 pro card.
Sorry , but wasn't FFXI built for the ps2? Funny tell me why the wii wouldn't be able to run it.

did you even understand what I wrote?? able to run the game does not mean it can compare to the pc version in graphic quality.  the ps2 version looks like crap compare to pc version on full setting, and I was replying to the other post saying Wii is comparable to 2004 high end pc.  My pc isnt even considered a highend back then.  if you want see comparison then just go to a FFXI community site and request a comparison of ps2 screen and a pc screen with full setting on.

Back to the game, judging from the picture and the trailer it definitely looks very good for a wii game.

Um sorry so the wii=ps2 now?  The game was built for the ps2 then upgraded for the pc. The wii is significantly more powerful than the ps2 and if you the ps2 version is about equivalent to the pc version on low then, the wii will most likely be able to run the game on high. Yeah it won't be in hd resolutions, but the quality would still be similar.

This thread needs Final Fantasy XI screenshots:

And I've read that the Wii is not capable of things like Final Fantasy X, XII or MGS3...

Fazz you always chime in with your own sense of humor =P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000