By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Conduit Screens

Viper1 said:
Rath said:
*Cough* Haloripoff *cough*

Seriously, everything from the visual features (ie. bright colours) to what appears to be an armoured anonymous protagonist to an invading aliens.

Still, if its like the original Halo (not Halo 2) then its probably pretty damned fun.
Metroid, Turok and a host of other games before Halo say, "Hi."

Metroid came before Halo and also it features entirely different gameplay, Turok involves shooting dinosaurs not aliens and in it you are not heavily armoured.

There really are surprisingly few halo rip-offs (most of the generic current-gen shooters prefer greys and browns to its colour fest) but to me this looks like one. Everything I have seen so far just screams halo.

Around the Network

Did you play any of the original Turoks? Not many actual dinosaurs themselves. Plenty of mutated reptilian humanoids and insectoid creatures. I see a lot of insectoid creatures in this the Conduit.

Something else to note, Aliens were in Perfect Dark and you're not always in an armored suit nor are you anonymous.

EDIT: Had to add this.  Notice the two comparison shots.  What is the overall color theme being displayed?  Damn if it isn't brown.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

60fps would be nice - but as long as the 30fps is "steady", I'll take it.

The tech looks nice, but the art itself could do with some help - specifically the texture artwork.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Rath said:
Viper1 said:
Rath said:
*Cough* Haloripoff *cough*

Seriously, everything from the visual features (ie. bright colours) to what appears to be an armoured anonymous protagonist to an invading aliens.

Still, if its like the original Halo (not Halo 2) then its probably pretty damned fun.
Metroid, Turok and a host of other games before Halo say, "Hi."

Metroid came before Halo and also it features entirely different gameplay, Turok involves shooting dinosaurs not aliens and in it you are not heavily armoured.

There really are surprisingly few halo rip-offs (most of the generic current-gen shooters prefer greys and browns to its colour fest) but to me this looks like one. Everything I have seen so far just screams halo.

I think it looks more like a mix between quake and half life.

Im sure it'll be fun, but it doesn't look that impressive, looks like a pc game from like 2003. Lets hope the gameplay is really good.

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
Im sure it'll be fun, but it doesn't look that impressive, looks like a pc game from like 2003. Lets hope the gameplay is really good.

Example? I want to know the pc game you are talking about. 

If you think it looks good, just wait till later. Because it still has plenty of development time, so maybe it could be 60fps, or other features that arent avalible now. Its still has a lot of time left.

FaRmLaNd said:

Seeing as the Wii is basically console hardware from 2001, looking like a PC game from 2003 is quite a feat.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

sc94597 said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Max Payne 2

Yakuzaice said:
sc94597 said:
FaRmLaNd said:

Max Payne 2

The only thing I see superior in Max Payne 2 is lighting. Everthing else seems either on par or the conduit has the advantage.