By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people call the 360, JRPG console this generation?

ConAir said:
Tbh, this is about the 40th topic (slightly exaggerated I know) allready I read which goes on about or is relkated to the fact that Microsoft bought some exclusive titles for the Xbox 360. I think the whole point is, that last generation PS2 was king over all other systems. That's why almost all JRPG's went to that system. This generation every console will have a decent userbase, so it is to be expected that JRPG`s will be divided over all systems and can be bought if developers see that there is a huge userbase that possibly waits for JRPG's. Still, I feel that they can way better results if they don't keep titles exclusively on their system.

Just don't make out more out of the news than there is. 360 ain't king and nor will your beloved PS3 be left without JRPG's. Allthough you'll probably have to wait a while before you'll get a releasedate on Final Fantasy XIII or Versus. So if you want JRPG sooner you'll be better off with 360 probably. But hey, with over 1 year advantage, what did you expect?

Let's be honest and make it clear that even with the year headstart everyone expected the PS3 to have tons of great games and at least a decent presence in the JRPG genre. No one expected the 360 to have much more than Halo and some other generic shooters. What has happened is the 360 showed that it wouldn't follow it's predecessor and is making great strides to be way better than the Xbox ever was.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo