By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people call the 360, JRPG console this generation?

rocketpig said:
No, ProfCrab literally meant the directions "left" or "right". We've had a few discussions about Folklore in the past.

Haha, I was not aware.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:

I usually do engage with your arguments. Next time you make a 'controversial' thread I will say that to them

I know you do.  But seriously, all it takes is one Sony fan like yourself saying "hey guys, its really easy to call him a fanboy rather than reading what he posts and responding isnt it?" and all the haters shrink away into the night.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

tombi123 said:
kitler53 said:
tombi123 said:
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY, I NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO BUY A WII OR PS3 ON POTENTIAL. IF YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD ONE CONSOLE THIS GENERATION (WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING THIS POINT) AND YOU LIKE JRPG'S, WAIT A LITTLE LONGER BEFORE RUSHING OUT AND BUYING A 360 RIGHT NOW.

If you can afford all 3 consoles, by all means buy a 360 now for JRPG's.

This is my assumption of how many JRPG's will be out for each console this generation:

Wii > PS3 > 360

This is pretty much all I was saying...

bolded the key part of your entire argument.

battle cry of the ps3 fan: "just wait for..."

It is very easy to call somebody a PS3 fan rather than coming up with a counter argument isn't it.

I think there has been enough counter arguments, and when you don't really answer to any of them (you keep on stating your feeling over and over again), it is becomming meaningless to try.

You are using an assumption of what will happen, without any facts, opposing most facts. I dislike calling people fanboys or such, but I believe Kitler was in right here.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

360 by Category: Role-Playing > Console-style RPG

PlayStation 3 by Category: Role-Playing > Console-style RPG

Wii

by Category: Role-Playing > Console-style RPG

''Hadouken!''

ToastyJaguar said:
well lets call the 360 the jprg console of the moment then.

It's true, a JPRG console of this generation can only be known at the end of the generation.

And, worst case scenario for Microsoft, sometime in 2010 another console could even challange them for the title. At that point, this generation is nearly over and Sony, MS and Nintendo will begin talking about their next consoles.

I can't think of a more clear cut case of 360 dominance in the market. PS3 = zero JRPGs, 360 = many JRPGs. Many more accounced. How can there even be an argument?

I would think most JRPG gamers would have switched to the 360 or the DS by now.   

Around the Network
starcraft said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:

There was a fair bit of hype....here. Anywhere else, that logic is flawed. ;) See what I did there? Flawed doesn't mean wrong, it just means it could be wrong. You said there would be hype before MS announced it. The hype followed the announcement. And it was about which console it was going to be on, not the actual game itself.

Why do you think there's been such massive flamewars the last few days? PS3 fans were pumped for the title, now they won't get to play it.  Hang on.  Didn't you say SO4 going to 360 was whats pushed you over the edge of getting the console?!?  You are the proof of what I'm talking about.  YOU were hyped for the game because you thought you could play it on the PS3.  Now its not on the PS3, you STILL need to play it so you'll get a 360.

You were right, but parts of that logic was flawed. This isn't black and white. There are many factors/variables that go into this. So you were right on some things but flawed in others.

Again, definitions.  Flawed, logic and right don't fit together.

The zune thing was flawed because you were saying you could watch it on your Zune as if SE/Tri-Ace intended on you watching it that way. That's how it was flawed. I also agree, and we said almost certainly. Even you have to admit it seemed very likely at the time. We were wrong, we admited it when you gloated the other day.

At NO POINT did I say that SE intended people to watch the trailer on a Zune.  All I did was point out that they through in a bid of additional video content, not some ultra-special encoded game demo or something.  Sony fans said the trailer on the PSP was proof, I pointed out (correctly) that it wasn't.

You're right, it hasn't, but that doesn't mean it can't. You're saying that because it hasn't shown ability, there is no possible way a hyped JRPG wouldn't do well on the PS3. That's flawed. That's an assumption. You assume a hyped JRPG like Final Fantasy won't do well.

I haven't once said there is no possible way a hyped JRPG would do well on the PS3.  I'm sure FFXIII will do just fine.  What I'm saying is that from a publisher's point of view, the console hasn't even begun to prove itself in that genre yet.

You were right, but the logic wasn't completely backed up. Oh also "At the end of the day the trailer thing was your flawed logic, not mine." You said flawed logic wasn't possible. ;) It was irony my friend

Yes, but you said the announcement would follow the hype. Everybody was pretty much quiet about this game for some time before MS announced it. Yes, it's already been established this has pushed me to the edge, but that has nothing to do with your logic being flawed.

Then you can't really call your claims logic if they weren't really backed up, now can you?

It seemed like an ad being on the PSP, no? It seemed perfectly logical...flawed logic on both our parts with that one :)

If no one is going to release an JRPG on the console, how can it prove itself? Developers have clearly been taking a chance with the 360, but they're not going to lay a finger on the PS3. I get that point, but SE is going to be the only one who is going to take a chance?

Touche ;)

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

rocketpig said:
bobobologna said:
Profcrab said:
Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Jordahn said:
Isn't Folklore a Japanese action/rpg on the PS3???

Folklore is about as much RPG as Twilight Princess. It shouldn't even be in a JRPG conversation. It's an action adventure game.

Your wrong folklore was an awesome RPG u leveled up and so did your monsters... is pokemon a RPG? i think so

Yep, folklore gives you plenty of choices like an RPG. Sometimes you can go left and other times you can go right.

I give that post a 9.1.

Wait a minute, JRPGs are supposed to give me choices to make? All of mine must be broken.

Not in-game choices per se, but the ability to customize your character's skillset, choose classes, choose your party, etc.

Folklore, not so much. 

i will leave this point with saying not on of you have played it......

Your thread should be... Why you name 360 the jrpg console of this generation IF ps3 have FF XIII??...

End of 2011 (made 02/01/11) 
Wii: 99.453 m
Xbox 360: 67.837 m 
Ps 3: 60.726 m

Best Games/Serie of the Generation

@Ajax

So that list says, 360 - 14, PS3 - 13, Wii - 17

Is that a full list? It doesn't have FFXIII Versus, so I don't think it is complete.

Dno said:
rocketpig said:
bobobologna said:
Profcrab said:
Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Jordahn said:
Isn't Folklore a Japanese action/rpg on the PS3???

Folklore is about as much RPG as Twilight Princess. It shouldn't even be in a JRPG conversation. It's an action adventure game.

Your wrong folklore was an awesome RPG u leveled up and so did your monsters... is pokemon a RPG? i think so

Yep, folklore gives you plenty of choices like an RPG. Sometimes you can go left and other times you can go right.

I give that post a 9.1.

Wait a minute, JRPGs are supposed to give me choices to make? All of mine must be broken.

Not in-game choices per se, but the ability to customize your character's skillset, choose classes, choose your party, etc.

Folklore, not so much.

i will leave this point with saying not on of you have played it......

I'll be sure to take a picture of the Folklore case when I get home. Is that the best you got?

*rolls eyes*

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/