By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people call the 360, JRPG console this generation?

starcraft said:
Lone_Canis_Lupus said:

Clearly you're a retard. You never maintained you were right. All you used was very flawed logic, but yet in the end you were right. Why do you think I said "Pot, meet kettle?" You're a hypocrite is what I'm saying. I'm saying you're going to use flawed logic everywhere else yet say he can't use flawed logic...because you're the only one who can. Oh no, we'll have to wait a couple of years to see if he's right! We had to wait months to see if you were right. Those months waiting to see if you were right could have been spent on something else.

This is the real world, things take time...even in the gaming world. The point of that post was to show you that you used flawed logic but turned out to be right, and that Tombi could turn out to be right. If you can make assumptions, everybody else can. He can assume that the PS3 and Wii might play catch up later on. Either concede and say you use flawed logic and could have been wrong then, or accept Tombi could be right.

But thats just it isn't it.  MY logic was never flawed.  It was essentially me and a few supporters versus a whole rack of you Sony guys.  Sony-fans were the only ones that said I was illogical.

My logic WAS right.  Don't you get that?  Don't you get why I gloated in that thread (which I acknowledged was a mistake and apologised for)?  Its because after being shot-down time and time again by you guys even though what I was saying was perfectly logical, it turned out I was completely right.

I made assumptions, but I backed them up with reasonable hypothesis of the future developments of this generation.  Clearly I was right to make those hypothesis.  But Tombi isn't making assumptions that are even remotely reasonable.  He may have been able to argue the Wii would get more, better JRPG's this generation, or even that the PS3 would be able to hold its own, but his exact words were "getting a 360 for JRPG's is very foolish."

One more thing.  I find the derogatory use of the word "retard" to be very offensive, and if you use it to describe me or anyone else again, I WILL report you. 

The logic was right, but still flawed. Sony would have instantly announced the game if it was on their platform but Microsoft would have waited? Flawed. The game would be hyped then announced by Microsoft? Flawed, there was virtually no hype for the game. So what I can watch it on my PSP, SE/Tri-Ace totally intended on me watching it on my Zune. Flawed. The PS3 has shown no ability to show JRPGs even though pretty much none were released. Flawed. Your logic was flawed, but right.

What I'm saying is Tombi's logic could be right, even if flawed. You were right to make assumptions.? Assumptions make an ass out of you and me. Ass u me.  No, he said getting a 360 for JRPGs this generation is very foolish. Because you assume the 360 will be the JRPG king this generation. Quit quote mining. You took that part out of context.

I clearly wasn't using retard in that way. It's kind of like how words can have a double meaning. I could still be insulting people without insulting actual mentally challenged people...but I will respect your wishes.

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

Around the Network

Everyone's trying to justify their purchase.  I still don't understand this newly discovered love for JRPGs that everyone now seems to have because none of the JRPGs not published by S-E showed any impressive numbers last gen. Perhaps that is why they are few and far between this time around.  "Scarcity increases demand" might be an explanation or maybe people just need more fuel for the console war.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

At the end of the generation, there won't be a king of RPG.

PS3 will have FFXIII and FFXIII versus which will be 2 really high quality games.

Wii will have a lot of niche Japanese RPG and possibly some big titles as well (Kingdom Hearts 3 maybe).

Xbox360 will have a lot of quality games completely forgotten by the public as the games will have abyssal sales.

In the end, a big fan of JRPGs will need to buy the 3 consoles. As not a lot of Japanese will buy a 360 and most 360 gamers don't care about JRPG, the sales on 360 will remain bad.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

tombi123 said:
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY, I NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO BUY A WII OR PS3 ON POTENTIAL. IF YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD ONE CONSOLE THIS GENERATION (WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING THIS POINT) AND YOU LIKE JRPG'S, WAIT A LITTLE LONGER BEFORE RUSHING OUT AND BUYING A 360 RIGHT NOW.

If you can afford all 3 consoles, by all means buy a 360 now for JRPG's.

This is my assumption of how many JRPG's will be out for each console this generation:

Wii > PS3 > 360

This is pretty much all I was saying...

hahahahahhahahahhahahha

Perhaps you should take this as a lesson in proper post wording.  In your first post you told people that buying a 360 for the JRPGs this generation was "very foolish" (even if you said it was for those that can only buy one console).  However, I think that is more your bias slipping through than anything else.  The next generation of consoles will begin in about 2-3 years so looking at all the planned JRPGs now isn't such a bad idea if you are looking to purchase this generation.

I give that post a 9.9.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

rocketpig said:
Jordahn said:
Isn't Folklore a Japanese action/rpg on the PS3???

Folklore is about as much RPG as Twilight Princess. It shouldn't even be in a JRPG conversation. It's an action adventure game.

Your wrong folklore was an awesome RPG u leveled up and so did your monsters... is pokemon a RPG? i think so

Around the Network

I believe te DS should be consider competition seeing how it already stole the most popular rpg in japan(dragon quest) and gets the most support. I believe for now the 360 is the best choice for now if you don't want to go to handhelds. The wii though will take this crown. When is determined by if Dragon Quest 10 is announced for the wii or not, and if so when it is announced. But alot of Jrpgs only sell in japan and the wii has japan. We have been seeing alot of the japanese support for the wii already. For this year though the 360 is the rpg console of choice. For this generation I coudl see the wii taking the crown.

Dno said:

LOL that is always the 360 fanboy excuse... If you want something NOW 360 is the way to go. MOST of those game will be on ps3 and the best JRPG ff13 and ff13 vs are ONLY on ps3. and right NOW most of those games suck or are not out yet. if you want the best RPG system..... i really dont no who to go with lol. Wii WILL lead in the future tho so who knows yet. i do no that 360 will not have the best or the most when all is said and done.

Yeah, those silly 360 fanboys keep saying zany things like, "yeah, we just have the best games now" but they can't understand the true power of the PS3, because there are about 20 top-tier exclusives coming out for the PS3 in 2007 2008 2009, including Final Fantasy 13 which may come out in 2009. They need to understand that the PS3 is from the future and in the future it will have the best games.

Just wait until Motorstorm, Lair and Haze hit. The 360 fanboys won't know which way is up! By then, those silly 360 fans who bought it because it had the best games won't be able to buy a PS3 anymore and they'll wish they would have bought the PS3 before good games came out for it!

Your wrong folklore was an awesome RPG u leveled up and so did your monsters... is pokemon a RPG? i think so

Then the Sims is the best RPG because you level up in the Sims.  Wait, aren't we talking about JRPGs? 

Dno said:
rocketpig said:
Jordahn said:
Isn't Folklore a Japanese action/rpg on the PS3???

Folklore is about as much RPG as Twilight Princess. It shouldn't even be in a JRPG conversation. It's an action adventure game.

You also level up in TLoZ but Nintendo doesn't call them "levels". If that's your criteria for an RPG, let's start tossing games like Psychonauts and Assassin's Creed into the mix, too.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

tombi123 said:
I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SAY, I NEVER TOLD ANYONE TO BUY A WII OR PS3 ON POTENTIAL. IF YOU CAN ONLY AFFORD ONE CONSOLE THIS GENERATION (WHY IS EVERYONE IGNORING THIS POINT) AND YOU LIKE JRPG'S, WAIT A LITTLE LONGER BEFORE RUSHING OUT AND BUYING A 360 RIGHT NOW.

If you can afford all 3 consoles, by all means buy a 360 now for JRPG's.

This is my assumption of how many JRPG's will be out for each console this generation:

Wii > PS3 > 360

This is pretty much all I was saying...

bolded the key part of your entire argument.

battle cry of the ps3 fan: "just wait for..."

tombi123 said:
I would just like to state that:

1) The only JRPG's I care about are FF, DQ and SRPG's. I am not jealous or bitter at all. And yes I will be buying a DS when DQIX comes out.

2) I have stated at least three times now, that the 360 is the console to get NOW for JRPG's.

3) This thread is not about how many JRPG's are out now, it is about the whole generation and which ONE console to buy for JRPG's this generation and why that ONE console isn't the 360.

agreed.... but what is it?