By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people call the 360, JRPG console this generation?

It wont even have 10 JRPG's out by the end of the year... 

So far the 360 has had BD, ES, LO and FFXI online. By the end of the year it will have ToV, IU, LR and OD. So the 360 will have been out for 3 years and only have 8 JRPG's, yet people keep saying it will be the JRPG console this generation.

At the moment it has more than the Wii or PS3, but that is down to the one year head start. When the Wii and PS3 are 3 years into their lives they will both have more than 8 JRPG's each.

The Wii will have the majority of the JRPG's and PS3 will have FFXIII, FFXIII Versus and many others. I think you are only fooling yourself if you think the 360 will be JRPG king this generation...

If you are a JRPG fan and can afford multiple consoles per generation then get a 360 for the JRPG's now. If, like most people you can only afford one console per generation, then getting a 360 for the JRPG's now rather than waiting a while longer is foolish. 

(P.s home console not handheld, no one even mention the DS :P)   

Around the Network

Well, the gen is probably going to end at the same time for all the consoles this time, so Microsfts head start and moneyhatting assure that they will always keep the lead in JRPGs this gen. Hence they are the king of JRPGs!

i've never called it the JPRG console of this generation, nor have i heard anyone say that.

I have heard that the 360 has a good library of JPRGS and WRPGS.

It's just got a good image now with Namco support, Square Enix support, and Mistwalker support providing a good amount of JPRGS.

But at the moment, if you want to play some JPRGS on a console, why wouldn't you go for a 360?

Perhaps next year it will be different.

@Hawkeye

How so? They only have Mistwalker and the odd moneyhat. They will be nowhere near how many the Wii and PS3 will get.

Exactly how many JRPGs exist on the other consoles this gen?

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

At the current moment, want JRPG's? Then go get a 360.

@toasty

Yeah if you like JRPG's AND can afford multiple consoles a generation, then get a 360 for the JRPG's now. If however you are a JRPG fan BUT can only afford one console every generation, than I think the 360 is a foolish choice for JRPG's.

What about Operation Darkness, Enchanted Arms and Culdcept Saga. Granted Enchanted Arms is multi platform and Operation Darkness is more SRPG, all three were developed by the Japanese.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

tombi123 said:
@Hawkeye

How so? They only have Mistwalker and the odd moneyhat. They will be nowhere near how many the Wii and PS3 will get.

That could be true... be we don't know for sure. Micrsoft is in the lead now and has been all gen, so they would appear to be the JRPG console of this gen. 

WE NEED TO NOT LIST EVERY RPG ON WII,360 AND PS3.