By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people call the 360, JRPG console this generation?

it isnt the WRPG or the JRPG, its the RPG system. deal with it.

Around the Network

Isn't Folklore a Japanese action/rpg on the PS3???

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

This is a ridiculous conversation. No console will have the quantity nor quality of JRPGs that the 360 enjoys until 2010 at the earliest. Even after that point, it won't be the PS3. If any console passes the 360, it will be the Wii.

You go ahead and buy on potential, I'll continue to buy systems that have games I want to play now.

Then again, I shouldn't be surprised at this topic. Tombi never says anything positive about the 360. This thread reeks of jealousy.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Jordahn said:
Isn't Folklore a Japanese action/rpg on the PS3???

Folklore is about as much RPG as Twilight Princess. It shouldn't even be in a JRPG conversation. It's an action adventure game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I seriously doubt Japanese developers and publishers care much about E3 anymore. Theyd rather rely on TGS or private press events. I highly doubt the current situation will change one bit after E3.

@Rolstoppable
ROFLMAO. Its quite a sad story really with all the sponsorship, TV rights and marketing money that went down the drain.

Around the Network
tombi123 said:
ToastyJaguar said:
tombi123 said:
So if I can only afford one console this entire generation, and I am a big JRPG fan, you would all recommend me the 360?...

yeah

Why? The Wii will have more and the PS3 has the biggest...

Is the PS3 getting Dragon Quest?

If you like JRPGs, then you probably want to play more than one or two.  I'm not a fan, so I haven't looked into it deeply but it looks like the Wii and 360 wil be the best consoles for JRPG fans this generation. 

tombi123 said:

It wont even have 10 JRPG's out by the end of the year... 

So far the 360 has had BD, ES, LO and FFXI online. By the end of the year it will have ToV, IU, LR and OD. So the 360 will have been out for 3 years and only have 8 JRPG's, yet people keep saying it will be the JRPG console this generation.

At the moment it has more than the Wii or PS3, but that is down to the one year head start. When the Wii and PS3 are 3 years into their lives they will both have more than 8 JRPG's each.

The Wii will have the majority of the JRPG's and PS3 will have FFXIII, FFXIII Versus and many others. I think you are only fooling yourself if you think the 360 will be JRPG king this generation...

If you are a JRPG fan and can afford multiple consoles per generation then get a 360 for the JRPG's now. If, like most people you can only afford one console per generation, then getting a 360 for the JRPG's is very foolish. 

(P.s home console not handheld, no one even mention the DS :P)   

I can't possibly fathom a worse example of fanboy logic at work. What this week's events have shown us is that nothing insofar as jrpg releases is concerned is decided, besides a pokemon game on the wii and ff13 on the ps3. Claiming the ps3 or the wii will have whatever imaginary amount of jrpgs a few years down the road is just an exercise of imagination. All those mythical lists of jrpgs for the ps3 that circulate around the forums are just fanfiction. People are calling the 360 the king of jrpgs because that's where jrpgs are being released, at least as far as home consoles go. If you like jrpgs I dunno what are you doing wasting your time on the forums bawwing about the 360 instead of rushing to buy a DS and PSP.   

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Well, for quantity.

According to GR, X360 has 45 RPG titles announced, and 14 in stores.

The Ps3 has 26 announced and 6 in stores.

The Wii has 12 announced RPGs and 6 in stores.

Xbox 360 has more RPG titles out than Ps3 + Wii.

Xbox 360 has more announced RPG titles than Ps3 + Wii

Compared to last gen, GCN ended its life with 23 released RPGs.

XB ended its life with 30 RPGs

Ps2 ended its life with 127 RPGs. For the fact, SE made 26 of those games.

So X360 is really dominant in the RPG section, it already has more titles announced than GCN or XB, and should end up with more than both combined.

PS: RPGS only here, not JRPGs

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

New respect for Bitmap Frogs and Oyvoyvoyv (man that took some time to figure out to type) :D

tombi seems pretty pissy i have to admit even though it means agreeing with Rocket pig.

And for the record Folklore is an actio JRPG you level up collect createrures eal Hp and make decisions that afffect the storyline.
LONG LIVE THE DESCIPLES OF KWAAD!
(ps i have no idea why i said that)

ANywho on topic 360 is the gen leader in JRPG like it or not..... which is ironic cuz jp and the 360 are like piss and water relationship wise....