By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 Press Conference - July 15th @ 11:30AM PST! - Will they WIN Again??

@ssyn

BLizz and activision aren't as important to most of us..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

probably some disgea 3 information since its confirmed for us. A litte bit more ff videoes(i hope) god of war 3, home and i hope a couple of jrpgs. I do have an xbox 360, but besides from lost odyssey nothing really interest me , so hopefully some kingdom hearts and some new series.

they will blow us

Diomedes1976 said:
This year Nintendo will announce Wii Fart ...and win again.

LOL.  That did make me crack up.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

Nintendo actually has a good chance this time around if only because they have been keeping a lid on things so forcefully. They HAVE to have something good up their sleeve, or else I think everyone will be flat-out disappointed.

MS kind of already blew some of their big stuff with these RPG announcements. Sony had a big E3 last year, and the console sales this year have been noticeably better, so maybe they will have an even better year since they have more weight to throw around and clout with developers?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

http://www.videogaming247.com/2008/0...rence-details/

Well last E3 was definetely seen as SONY winning...mainly because the arrogance was little to none, they had done a price cut, killzone 2 delivered and they were the only company who took E3 seriously last year.

THIS year Nintendo have already said they have yet to show their Holiday line up.....

MS we know will make GEOW 2, Too Human & Fable 2 {tries to hide jealousy} BIG.

But what can SONY do to win again.....:::::

Legend of Dragoon HD? Shadow of the Colossus 2? Next-Gen Blasto?FF7 remake?

Shadow of the Colossus 2 won't do it. I never beat the first one, but that said, it's a great game, I still own it. It's expected to be shown. Without it, Sony will have nothing. God of War 3 should also be shown or touted.  If not, again, they will have nothing.

Now, FFVII remake or Legend of Dragoon 2 would steal the show, for sure.

Other than that, Sony has a hard road ahead at E3 this year, with most of their big games simply returning from last year.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Not unless they announce about five or six new JRPG's.  I'm not interested in anything else they have to talk about.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Is Sony reveals that they stole an exclusive (like MS with SO4) then they will win the show.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Sony wins E3's? Like the time they showed off sixaxis and the room went silent?

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Nintendo
* Unless they show the next Zelda it's HUGE FAIL. I can't stand all these non-games like Wii Fit steal attention.

Sony
* KillZone 2 *yawn*
* R2 *yawn*
* Midgets running around in LBP *yawn*
* Please show Sodow of the Colossus 2 or something else by Team ICO
* Should reveal GoW3
* Show some real stuff from FF13 or else it's a Christmas 2009 release
* Heavy Rain, please show gameplay

MS
* Gears of Yawn 2
* Release date for Fable 2
* The Japanese RPG medley
* Halo Wars - please show gameplay or we'll have to wait ages for this game + X-mote that supports it
* Alan Wake - give us hope it will come early 2009
* Lionhead project - please show and please be groundbreaking
* Halo Chronicles - please show something with substance
* Bungie project - please show and please be AAA
* New Rare project - unlikely cause they'll concentrate on Banjo and Viva Pinata 2

If MS shows half of the stuff on that list they win E3