By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 Press Conference - July 15th @ 11:30AM PST! - Will they WIN Again??

I'm not sure how you definie "winning". is it which company announced more games you want or which one gets the most attention? Attention wise Nintendo slaughtered the last E3 with their Wiifit announcement that was talked about EVERYWHERE. Interesting to see what they pull out this year, i'm not expecting much from E3 from any company.

Around the Network

I think Sony won E3 last year. Unfortunately, none of the games shown off last year have been released yet (LBP, Killzone 2, MGS4, FF13, Home). Which means we'll see all those games again this year. Sony needs more Insomniacs and fewer....everyone else.

I expect inFamous to make a showing this year. Game Informer did an article about it, so hopefully we get some solid information about it at E3.

Maybe God of War 3, depending on how far along development is.

I'm really hoping for information about what Team ICO is working on though.

RolStoppable said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Seriously go to a many threads from last E3....even PS3 haters said SONY won & did a great showing....

Ninty showed nothing for the hardcore....so I am talking hardcore here not casual

Selective memory, I guess. The first half of Nintendo's press conference was dedicated to hardcore games (god, I hate that term), but as soon as Wii Fit was shown the outrage over Nintendo destroying the industry began.

basically, go to any hardcore E3 thread and nintendo lost becaues of Wii fit. Although, in the real world, Nintendo destroyed the competition at E3 last year with Wii Fit. Now, they are destroying them IRL with Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Fit, and will continue to destroy the entire video game industry with the awesome anouncements they have at this E3.

Yes, I admin it, Nintendo destroyed the video game industry, now let's see if they can catch back up.

/end nintendo fanboy rant

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Anyone who hopes for a sequel to Shadow of the Colossus or ICO is not thinking straight; that's not the kind of thing that Team ICO does.

I hope to see a new Team ICO game from Sony, but insofar as having the largest impact on the public mindshare, Sony "lost" last year and they're going to lose again in a month.

My god.

I KNOW that YOUR CAPS LOCK key is PISSED OFF at YOU for USING IT SO MUCH!!

Around the Network

@Rolstoppoable

I brought wii fit (its crap).....seriously investigate before accusing...

last E3 all hardcore gaming sites were happy with SONY the most....due to UT 3 exclusive announcement....price drop.....& the biggest one.....Killzone 2 actually delivered....that was so big at the time that it did overshadow most things

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Who knows? Each company has kept mum for awhile now...

With Sony, we have the potential for GoW3, next Team ICO, etc. There are several studios that haven't done anything for the PS3 yet.

With Nintendo, we have the potential for anything. They haven't said a word.

With MS, we know that Rare has another game going, as does LionHead. We also haven't heard anything from Bungie or Turn 10 in quite some time.

This E3 should be interesting, that's for sure.

My personal "wins" go to anything related to Team ICO or Alan Wake footage.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

FFXIII released WW fall 2008 = Sony Win (unlikely though)

Soriku said:
rocketpig said:

Who knows? Each company has kept mum for awhile now...

With Sony, we have the potential for GoW3, next Team ICO, etc. There are several studios that haven't done anything for the PS3 yet.

With Nintendo, we have the potential for anything. They haven't said a word.

With MS, we know that Rare has another game going, as does LionHead. We also haven't heard anything from Bungie or Turn 10 in quite some time.

This E3 should be interesting, that's for sure.

My personal "wins" go to anything related to Team ICO or Alan Wake footage.

MS also has GeoW2 and Cry On.

I was only talking about unannounced games. I forgot Cry On, though.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Completely forgot about GOW3

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey