By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony E3 Press Conference - July 15th @ 11:30AM PST! - Will they WIN Again??

DKII said:
new J&D

Isn't there supposed to be a "Jak : Final Frontier" game or was that only rumor?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
DKII said:
new J&D

Isn't there supposed to be a "Jak : Final Frontier" game or was that only rumor?

SCEA trademarked the title "Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier" back around E306 or so.  Naughty Dog said they definitely want to return to J&D, but all signs point to Uncharted 2 being their next title.

I would say they're working on both, ala Insomniac, but Naughty Dog seems adverse to expanding their team size.

makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
DKII said:
new J&D

SCEA trademarked the title "Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier" back around E306 or so.  Naughty Dog said they definitely want to return to J&D, but all signs point to Uncharted 2 being their next title.

I would say they're working on both, ala Insomniac, but Naughty Dog seems adverse to expanding their team size.

No ND

makingmusic476 said:
Euphoria14 said:
DKII said:
new J&D

No ND game will be out until 2009. It will very probably be Uncharted 2. the Lost Frontier was trademarked, by the description seemed to make it sound like an MMO for some reason, but I think we won't see Jak for another couple of years. Insomniac is already bigger that ND, so I hope ND increase in size so they can get a game out every year

This year Nintendo will announce Wii Fart ...and win again.

Now seriously ,the impression of last year was a SOny win ...but looking it from now it doesnt look like it as the Wii has sold much more etc.

And as for this year I think MS has announced everything they got to counter MGSIV this week.They will push heavy on Tales of Vesperia ,Infinite Undiscovery ,the temporal exclusives as SO4 and Last Remnant(although the later one could be weeks we dont know),plus Fable 2,Too Human (if its good enough) ,Halo Wars ...

As for Sony ....I dont know.They have lots of product to show ,but they must show lots of new things if they want to impress.The last two weeks have been very bad ,with the development of three games halted (Red Alert ,8 Days ,Getaway)and the news that Last Remnant will come later and SO4 will come later too if it comes at all.Nothing short of showing at least 5-6 new potentially AAA games will impress after that.

They of course have Wipeout HD ,Socom Confrontation ,Little Big Planet ,Resistence 2 ,Killzone 2 ,White Knight Story and Motorstorm 2 ,plus others as Buzz ,Infamous etc ....but they have to show new things.They will of course use the Bioshock card,and In-Game XMB and Home if they are able to ,but if they dont show at least 5 new games I will be dissappointed.

Around the Network
Diomedes1976 said:

Now seriously ,the impression of last year was a SOny win ...but looking it from now it doesnt look like it as the Wii has sold much more etc.

And as for this year I think MS has announced everything they got to counter MGSIV this week.They will push heavy on Tales of Vesperia ,Infinite Undiscovery ,the temporal exclusives as SO4 and Last Remnant(although the later one could be weeks we dont know),plus Fable 2,Too Human (if its good enough) ,Halo Wars ...

As for Sony ....I dont know.They have lots of product to show ,but they must show lots of new things if they want to impress.The last two weeks have been very bad ,with the development of three games halted (Red Alert ,8 Days ,Getaway)and the news that Last Remnant will come later and SO4 will come later too if it comes at all.Nothing short of showing at least 5-6 new potentially AAA games will impress after that.

They of course have Wipeout HD ,Socom Confrontation ,Little Big Planet ,Resistence 2 ,Killzone 2 ,White Knight Story and Motorstorm 2 ,plus others as Buzz ,Infamous etc ....but they have to show new things.They will of course use the Bioshock card,and In-Game XMB and Home if they are able to ,but if they dont show at least 5 new games I will be dissappointed.

I think you will be disappointed.  Unless third parties start showing the PS3 some exclusive love, I don't see more than 1 or 2 surprise titles being announced.  Everything has basically been announced IMO, we just have to wait for them to finish making the damn games.

Last year E3 Nintendo showed SMG and Brawl kept everthing else in the dark.

If I remember correctly (which I do, I'm just saying this to cover my ass) Nintendo bought the Fatal Frame IP wholey from Tecmo and they bought the team that did Baten Kaitos.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I would like to see some RPG,just to get rid of the bad taste the SE "move" (bribe more like) has left me.

Knowing the likes of White Knight ,FFXIII ,FFXIII Versus ,Last Remnant ,Air Tonelico 2 and such coming it would be good to see:

-New Tales game for PS3 to counteract the 360 one ,or the confirmation ToV is coming to PS3.

-New Alundra game.Come on Sony ,use that property and this time in full 3D.

-Team ICo showing their games .Seriously guys ,whats taking SO LONG?

-Some of the "unnanounced RPG " games for PS3 from Konami ,Namco ,Capcom etc actually getting a name and look.

Win E3? lol, E3 was a failure on all aspects; Blizz and activision are no longer attending and I'm sure the list will continue shrinking for years to come. I'm personally expecting nothing other than MAYBE 1 or 2 titles(from the big players) that are far enough in development to show us some screens.

bobobologna said:
Diomedes1976 said:

I think you will be disappointed.  Unless third parties start showing the PS3 some exclusive love, I don't see more than 1 or 2 surprise titles being announced.  Everything has basically been announced IMO, we just have to wait for them to finish making the damn games.

5-6 isn't that hard to imagine.  We know Sony has these in the works that have yet to be unveiled:

God of War 3
Twisted Metal ps3
1-2 Team ICO titles
Whatever "large-scale online multiplayer" game Zipper Interactive is working on (the Socom guys, who aren't doing Confrontation for some reason)