By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Thinking of joining the dark side.

Lol, I announced I was joining the darkside earlier today too. What choice do we have? The ONLY type of games I like are JRPG's. The ps3 has none after a year and a half. I can't wait any longer to play a game.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

Around the Network

In 3 months there will be released:
Disgaea 3
Valkyrie Chronicles
maybe not so RPG style games, but still a good ones.

Then, WKS must come some time this year, maybe also in 3 months.
And i believe Eternal Sonata will be released ion 3 months.

Now is SUMMER, you are going to spend your time playing games instead of going near sea or lake???
Come on people, in 3 months you will have jrpg on PS3,
meanwhile, ds or psp will COMPLETELY satisfy your needs. =)

IU really doesn`t look to be a great game.
Tales of Vesperia is not coming to Europe till 2009, and it`s just another tales game. Maybe good one, but definitely will be released on PS3.
BUT, whatever, it`s your CHOICE. =))

I just wonder, how will you people react, if on E3`08 there will be announced FF7 REMAKE or KH3 for PS3? =]]

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Get a PC instead, it has JRPGs.

Amirite?

I'd feel awesome Crazzy, since I still have a PS3. :)

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

DOUBLE POST!!!11

Yes, I know PC has games, thank you guys for constantly saying this. :)

I already have a PC, but I prefer console gaming.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

Around the Network

I also own both the DS and PSP. On the DS, the RPG's that interested me were Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and the Final Fantasy games. There are a lot of Pokemon games, but those don't interest me. On the PSP, there are Final Fantasy games, Dungeon Siege, Jeanne D' Arc, Valkyrie Profile, Disgaea, Brave Story, Monster Kingdom. I prefer the PSP games, but I understand if your tastes are different.

Omac said:
JSF said:
It's inevitable that the majority of JRPG's will wind up on either the Wii or the PS3. A huge chunk of the JRPG consumer pie is Japan, and those two consoles are the ones that rule Japan. In the end, it's still about making money, and JRPG's bread is buttered one way. The PS3's Japan presence is still relatively small at 2+ million (a sell-through rate of almost 50% would still be needed to sell a million copies), so JRPG publishers, who know most of their money is going to come from Japan, will try to delay their releases until after the Japan userbase balloons from a Final Fantasy launch or something, but, once it happens, you can expect a deluge of Japanese game launches.

In my opinion, the Microsoft strategy in pursuing Japan is flawed. It's not happening. Microsoft should abandon Japan and spend the money it's wasting on attempting to woo Japan towards solidying its waning advantage in the U.S. and trying to figure out Europe. Instead of solidly winning one of the three territories this gen, I think Microsoft will end up losing in all three.

If Microsoft stops focusing on Japan, then the system will also lose Japanese software support.  I think that would be a horrible and flawed logic if they did that.

Last I checked, Microsoft had a 0.60 million userbase in Japan after two and a half years.  That's as good as nothing.  A lot of money was spent securing exclusives and timed exclusives only to get 0.60 million buyers.  It's hard to argue that Microsoft could have gone that much worse in Japan without spending all that money.

JSF said:
Omac said:
JSF said:
It's inevitable that the majority of JRPG's will wind up on either the Wii or the PS3. A huge chunk of the JRPG consumer pie is Japan, and those two consoles are the ones that rule Japan. In the end, it's still about making money, and JRPG's bread is buttered one way. The PS3's Japan presence is still relatively small at 2+ million (a sell-through rate of almost 50% would still be needed to sell a million copies), so JRPG publishers, who know most of their money is going to come from Japan, will try to delay their releases until after the Japan userbase balloons from a Final Fantasy launch or something, but, once it happens, you can expect a deluge of Japanese game launches.

In my opinion, the Microsoft strategy in pursuing Japan is flawed. It's not happening. Microsoft should abandon Japan and spend the money it's wasting on attempting to woo Japan towards solidying its waning advantage in the U.S. and trying to figure out Europe. Instead of solidly winning one of the three territories this gen, I think Microsoft will end up losing in all three.

If Microsoft stops focusing on Japan, then the system will also lose Japanese software support.  I think that would be a horrible and flawed logic if they did that.

Last I checked, Microsoft had a 0.60 million userbase in Japan after two and a half years.  That's as good as nothing.  A lot of money was spent securing exclusives and timed exclusives only to get 0.60 million buyers.  It's hard to argue that Microsoft could have gone that much worse in Japan without spending all that money.

They still have to focus on Japan for the software support. I personally don't think Microsoft is hurting for money, so it would be foolish for them not to do anything in Japan. It just wouldn't make sense for them to bail.

CrazzyMan said:
In 3 months there will be released:
Disgaea 3
Valkyrie Chronicles
maybe not so RPG style games, but still a good ones.

Then, WKS must come some time this year, maybe also in 3 months.
And i believe Eternal Sonata will be released ion 3 months.

Now is SUMMER, you are going to spend your time playing games instead of going near sea or lake???
Come on people, in 3 months you will have jrpg on PS3,
meanwhile, ds or psp will COMPLETELY satisfy your needs. =)

IU really doesn`t look to be a great game.
Tales of Vesperia is not coming to Europe till 2009, and it`s just another tales game. Maybe good one, but definitely will be released on PS3.
BUT, whatever, it`s your CHOICE. =))

I just wonder, how will you people react, if on E3`08 there will be announced FF7 REMAKE or KH3 for PS3? =]]

Why are you disinforming people by posting these FUD release dates all the time?

In another thread today you said "FFXIII MIGHT come this year, or in January 2009"

And why are you talking bad about Infinite Undiscovery, but always promoting low-profile titles? Such as:

Folklore

Disgaea 3
Valkyrie Chronicles
Tears of Tiara
Cross Edge
Eternal Sonata

etc

Domo-Kun said:

I think I'm going to buy a 360 this weekend. :(

I don't want to, but I think tri-Ace is forcing me into it. :( :(

Do it. Trust me, it'll be the best decision you've ever made. This is from a Microsoft hater and JRPG hardcore fanboy.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.