By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RPG fans - who amongst you has bought a PS3 prehemptively?

A subject that I am currious about. To me and to many people, it seemed as if the PS3 would be the RPG console of choice. Well now it is clear that this title goes to the handhelds (both actually since the PSP gets a healthy share), and that the PS3 will have to split a lot of it's titles with the 360 (SO4) and wait a while for the other ones (FF). So the questions are:

How many of you (RPG fans) bought a PS3 with the idea that it was your only choice for RPGs?

Do you still feel it's a valid reason for having a PS3 (for the remaining exclusives)?

Do you regret buying it early? Prefered to have waited for the games to come out? 

If you have not bought one yet, but were going to, is your judgement on the PS3 changed in the past few months?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

oopsies a similar thread already :p

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=29162

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

We have 3 threads on this JRPG thing now.....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I didn't and am vey happy i didn't.

Mil. Sellers:

Wii:      25 titles       101.4 mil total    avg 4 mil per title

PS3:     14 titles      28.6 mil total    avg ~2 mil per title

360:     41 titles      89.8 mil total   avg  >2 mil per title

I bought it for the PS franchises, and many are now leaving.... at least ND still make thier great games

Around the Network

I got a ps3 last year. Dumped it for a Wii360 a month back. I am patient when it comes to waiting for games (jrpgs in general) but not that patient =/

Edit: Yes I regret buying it. Luckly it was the 60gig version which is not sold in the UK anymore so I pretty much got the full price I paid for it when I traded it in =D

Everything said though, I am glad I got to play Uncharted on it before I traded it in. Quality game.

^ What are the PS franchise ? I hope you mean SCE franchise.
This remind me of Snes->N64 transition ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

meh, i'm still quite happy with my ps3. it just has the games that i'm looking forward to the most. what games you may ask? well in no particular order

mgs4
ff13
ff13 vs
gt5
tekken 6
gow3
the next team ico game (what ever it is its bound to be great)
valkryia chronicles

the only games i'm looking forward to for the x360 is fable 2

so yeah, i made the right purchase for myself.

@celine

except this makes no sense whatsoever.

JRPG's are going to the weakest console in Japan not to the wii....

I brought it for FF13, MGS4, GT5, GOW3, Motorstorm & GTA 4

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Sony need to pull a rabbit out of the hat at E3, whereas last year they dominated the pr battle, this year microsoft are kicking their ass. (Not saleswise though if perhaps they were, sony would do something about it like last year)

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome