By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - RPG fans - who amongst you has bought a PS3 prehemptively?

lol at all the ps3 owners wanting to leave. Man games are coming now and your gunna miss out. So emotional over games. Team ICO will make people think and so will other games. Let MS buy whoever - it won't change the Japanese market. MS need to realise it's not their games that suck it's the console!!!

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@celine

except this makes no sense whatsoever.

JRPG's are going to the weakest console in Japan not to the wii....

I brought it for FF13, MGS4, GT5, GOW3, Motorstorm & GTA 4

DS aside ( and PSP too )

I think that the middle range JRPG for console ( production cost ) will go to Wii naturally.

Moneyhatted one ( those with high pedigree but without outstanding sales like DQ,FF and KH and high production cost ) will go to whom moneyhat them. Just my 2 cents. 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

I definately expected that by now I would be playing 1 or 2 quality JRPGs and it was a key reason why I bought a ps3.  It is very disappointing at the moment although I don't regret buying a ps3 as it has got other quality games that I enjoy. I just hope that all this time spent waiting will be worth it when rpg games start getting released eventually.

Am I the only one that finds "PREHEMPtively" funny? or does hemp not mean the same thing in US? (I'm pretty sure the origin of the term is USA)

Anyway, the one and only important JRPG for me is Final Fantasy. Not saying that the other ones don't matter, but a system without final fantasy is not worth a purchase imo (hence why I went gamecube less, Crystal Chronicles IS NOT an FF game, in the same way that Dirge of Cerberus is not a FF7 game just by having FF7 slapped onto it).

Then again, I've got a Wii and DS as well, so I should be covered for JRPG's.

Curiously, what JRPG's are people talking about that are going to the 360 aside from tales and all the stuff that's come out already AND current generation stuff that no one had any idea which platform it would go to (infinite undiscovery). Because when you say JRPG's are going to 360, I'm assuming we are talking about established franchises here (or else I don't see the reason for the fuss).

THIS ALL because SO4 went MULTIPLATFORM and will be REALEASED first on x360 in 2009? =))))

Or just because LR coming by several month earlier? Or ToV which not coming to Europe till 2009? Or IU, which look very AVERAGE.

WHAT ABOUT FFXIII, WKS, FFXIIIv, FF7 remake and etc?

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

@celine

well FF13 is on PS3

DQ 10 -- Wii I am predicting

KH 3 - PS360

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@CAL4mity

totally agree

FF13 >>>>> all other JRPG's for me

But I will not rest until someone at SCEJ is killed or kidnapped

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

OMG

This Star Ocean thing is almost as bad as the Ubisoft thing.

I am really hyped about MGS4 (very soon) and FF 13 (ways off) as they are probably my main two games this gen. But, I am glad I got the 360 for all the other jRPGs.

My stance still stands on the Wii, which I'm in absolutely no rush to buy again.

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

prehemptively bought a PS3 ???

What you buy a PS3 early then smoke dope till the games come out.

Thats hardcore !