By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert 3 for PS3...guess what? CANCELLED.

N
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
O
!
!
!
!
!
!
!
!

Around the Network

MANUELF said:

Motorstorm not that great, Resistance the best launch title on PS3 but nothing amazing, Killzone I bet you never played the original, LBP I have nothing to say this game still a mistery.

The only problem with Motorstorm was it's lack of options, and Motorstorm 2 seems to fix that.  The gameplay was great.  Resistance was great, and R2 seems to be bigger and better.  I'll reserve judgement on Killzone 2, but the first one was decent, and had great online, it was just over-hyped. 

How is LBP a mystery though.  We have seen a ton of videos of level creation, gameplay, co-op, etc.  It is easily my second most anticipated PS3 game behind MGS4.

It's a simple equation that's used by most publishers: can we sell enough copies on platform X to justify the expense of producing, marketing, and distributing game Y? Yes, let's continue forward. No, then let's cancel the port.

My guess is they had frame rate issues or some other performance problem they couldn't address by just tweaking the basic CPU code, and they didn't want to spend more money trying to do the heavy lifting with the SPE's.

The first part of the equation, i.e. - how many copies do we think we can sell probably has something to do with the perception of what PS3 owners might like. EA seems to think there won't be enough RTS buyers on that platform to make the ROI adequate.

crumas2 said:
It's a simple equation that's used by most publishers: can we sell enough copies on platform X to justify the expense of producing, marketing, and distributing game Y? Yes, let's continue forward. No, then let's cancel the port.

My guess is they had frame rate issues or some other performance problem they couldn't address by just tweaking the basic CPU code, and they didn't want to spend more money trying to do the heavy lifting with the SPE's.

The first part of the equation, i.e. - how many copies do we think we can sell probably has something to do with the perception of what PS3 owners might like. EA seems to think there won't be enough RTS buyers on that platform to make the ROI adequate.

in my case they are surely right,,,I will not play that game even if they pay me to do so

i feel sorry for you SONY fanboys!!!

Btw, Brand name is everything for PS3 not the games or the bluray...

Around the Network

Its "on hold " not cancelled ,after own EA representants.And knowing EA it will come to the PS3 sooner or later.

Game is not canceled, its put "on hold".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190327

Still.... like if MS didn't do anything to keep the PS3 version away, yah right!!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

*~Onna76~* said:
Game is not canceled, its put "on hold".

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190327

Still.... like if MS didn't do anything to keep the PS3 version away, yah right!!

You think Microsoft paid for them to delay a console RTS on the PS3? There are a whole bunch on the 360 already so I don't think this one is going to make a big difference.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Damage Control Program Initializing...

Assessing Situation and Circumstances...

Situation acknowledge: GAME CANCELATION

Searching for appropriate scripts...

Searching...

Searching...

Appropriate Scripts Found...

Initiallizing Damage Control Scripts...

"R.T.S. ARE TEH SUCK ON CONSOLES ANYWAY! NOTHING OF VALUE LOST BY CANCELATION! GENRE DIVERSITY IS A MYTH"

I didn't even recall that this was even coming to the PS3 nor could I imagine playing this kind of game with a controller.

That's interesting though because the PS3 can allow mouse and keyboard controls, lol.