By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert 3 for PS3...guess what? CANCELLED.

The only thing I care about in this thread is learning that the PS3 supports mouse controls, which makes it an even better machine.

MGS4!

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
When did 8 days get canceled?

I dint hear nything bout that eather...... Also dint hear bout Driver.....wtf? can i have a link?

antfromtashkent said:
finalsquall said:
When did 8 days get canceled?

I dint hear nything bout that eather...... Also dint hear bout Driver.....wtf? can i have a link?

http://kotaku.com/5012969/eight-days-and-getaway-3-no-longer-going-concerns

So at this moment, it looks like this game will be shelved, but I'm guessing it could be brought back out at a later time. 

Q_A_X said:
The only thing I care about in this thread is learning that the PS3 supports mouse controls, which makes it an even better machine.

Yea, but outside of using it to navigate the XMB and internet browser, Unreal Tournament 3 is (I believe) the only game to use it and I didn't think the keyboard and mouse controls were utalized as well as they could be compared to the PC. I eventually said 'screw it' and just used the controller, and then sent it back to Gamefly a few days later. 

Back during the GC days, I remember how Nintendo fans would write off support from departing developers as well, saying how much their games sucked and how they didn't need them.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network
Smash_Brother said:
Back during the GC days, I remember how Nintendo fans would write off support from departing developers as well, saying how much their games sucked and how they didn't need them.

True, GTAIV has shown that the 360 isn't going anywhere and outside of larger budget titles, games typically don't do that well on the PS3. It's also possible that HD gamming has shown them there is no longer a viable market for these less notable franchises due to the genre bottlenecking and over-saturation of what few genres still sell big.

Furthermore games like GTAIV and MGS4 have really only proved that a you must risk bankrupcy to make a garanteed successful game. Companies can no longer make the games they did last generation and get by with the kind of sales they could once rely on. A game could sell 200-300k copies last gen on the PS2 and still do fine, this generation they're going to have to sell at least 1 million copies if they want to break even.

Say goodbye to niche games and fringe genres, the developers see the writing on the wall. And smaller developers be damned if they try to experiment with a new title or game franchise. It's just not worth the risk.

LONG LIVE THE FPS AND LONG LIVE THE SEQUEL!!! VIVA LA GENERATION 7!!!

Shameless said:
Yakuzaice said:
Why would I want to play an RTS on a console?

The same reason people play FPS on consoles.

There are greater implications of this news, however. It means that developers are still having trouble with the hardware.

No, it means that EA is still having trouble with the hardware. The same company that singlehandeldy killed the Command & Conquer franchise in the first place, not to mention being called the plague of gaming as a whole.

Check out my game about moles ^

C&C3 on 360 played really well. And the control scheme was really easy and well done. Considering I dont want to pay tooth and nail for upgrading my PC, I think it;s great that I can play C&C and other RTS on my 360. Plus with rumored 360 mote this would get better. Sorry to hear bout Red Alert 3 on PS3 though.

Lightning08 said:

According to our source at Gamestop,

Gamestop? LOL. I will wait for official word from EA...

Somebody else posted the other link:

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190327

Despite dismissing reports earlier this morning, EA has confirmed to CVG that the PlayStation 3 version of Red Alert 3 has been put on hold.

An EA spokesperson told CVG that, "development of the PlayStation 3 version of Red Alert 3 is on hold" and that "EA LA was focusing resources on developing for the PC and Xbox 360, for release this Autumn."

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Looks like EA is cutting their losses where they can.