By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert 3 for PS3...guess what? CANCELLED.

It's not looking like a good time to be a PS3 owner. On the back of news of Eight Days and The Getaway 3 being cancelled comes another bombshell:

http://www.psu.com/EA-cancels-Red-Alert-3-for-PS3-News--a0003872-p0.php

According to our source at Gamestop, EA has removed the PlayStation 3 version of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 from their upcoming release list.

The year of the PS3 continues!

Around the Network

Guess what?!?!

There is already thread before yours: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28623

Wow alot of ps3 games being canceled? I hope this is the last one.

Why would I want to play an RTS on a console?

Yakuzaice said:

The same reason people play FPS on consoles.

There are greater implications of this news, however. It means that developers are still having trouble with the hardware.

Around the Network

No problem with Red Alert being canceled. RTS on consoles suck monkeyballs. And C&C3 was typically EA: Not really bad but not exciting in any way. So good riddance.

The Getaway titles did apparently always suck so no problem with that.

But Eight days was done by the studio who made the amazing facial animation trailer from a while ago? Damn this hurts. I would have really liked to have a game using that technology.

On the other hand its hard to be heartbroken about the cancellation of a game I never saw a moving trailer from.

Shameless said:
Yakuzaice said:

The same reason people play FPS on consoles.

There are greater implications of this news, however. It means that developers are still having trouble with the hardware.

They like gimped control schemes?  Granted I'm a hypocrite considering I own several console FPS's.  But in my experience, an FPS on a console is much less unbearable than an RTS.

No it means that EA sucks at developing and that RTS sell like mud on consoles (and rightfully so you need a mouse)

But in my experience, an FPS on a console is much less unbearable than an RTS.

completely agree with that. After the first horrible hours of playing FPS on a console it actually is pretty nice.  You couldn't hold a candle against a Pc guy in a deathmatch but  playing is equally fun you are not as efficient as with mouse but it doesn't disturb you playing. This is totally different with RTS. Here you need three times the time for every commando or action and this simply destroys the gameplay. 

I am probably going to be hunted down and killed for saying it but considering it's EA they probably moved it over on the Wii

I am probably going to be hunted down and killed for saying it but considering it's EA they probably moved it over on the Wii

Its EA if it is on the Wii, it will also be on PS2, DS etc. and will look like the lowest common denominator. Thats the nice thing about EA. PS3 and Wii fans are in the same boat. Wii fanboys get PS2 versions with tacked on motion control and PS3 fanboys get badly ported 360 versions with loadtimes similar to the creation of the Grand Canyon.