By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Red Alert 3 for PS3...guess what? CANCELLED.

Shameless said:
Yakuzaice said:
Why would I want to play an RTS on a console?

The same reason people play FPS on consoles.

There are greater implications of this news, however. It means that developers are still having trouble with the hardware.

Not necessarily. It probably just means they didn't see much of a market for such a PC-centric title on the PS3. Just look at sales of Unreal Tournament 3, and that's a game that's very console friendly compared to Red Alert.

My Top 5:

Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Trigger

My 2 nex-gen systems: PS3 and Wii

Prediction Aug '08: We see the PSP2 released fall '09. Graphically, it's basically the same as the current system. UMD drive ditched and replaced by 4-8gb on board flash memory. Other upgrades: 2nd analog nub, touchscreen, blutooth, motion sensor. Design: Flip-style or slider. Size: Think Iphone. Cost: $199. Will be profitable on day 1.

Around the Network

Hmmmm gotta love them sour grapes ;)

Yeah this PS3 thread fails too. A bad time to be a Ps3 owner? What a subjective statement and so easily twisted in the direction of any console. I think a pretty simple case can be made for the Wii's problem, and the 360 has lesser problems as well.

NYANKS said:
Yeah this PS3 thread fails too. A bad time to be a Ps3 owner? What a subjective statement and so easily twisted in the direction of any console. I think a pretty simple case can be made for the Wii's problem, and the 360 has lesser problems as well.

If you could open your eyes for a second, you'd realise the statement was made because three games have been cancelled/delayed indefinitely in one day.

colonelstubbs said:
Shameless said:

It's not looking like a good time to be a PS3 owner. On the back of news of Eight Days and The Getaway 3 being cancelled comes another bombshell:

http://www.psu.com/EA-cancels-Red-Alert-3-for-PS3-News--a0003872-p0.php

According to our source at Gamestop, EA has removed the PlayStation 3 version of Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 from their upcoming release list.

The year of the PS3 continues!

Oh really? MGS4 is out in 8 days, id say this is the perfect time to be a PS3 owner.

And with Motorstorm 2, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, LBP and others in the coming months, i believe you sir, can suck....my......balls

Motorstorm not that great, Resistance the best launch title on PS3 but nothing amazing, Killzone I bet you never played the original, LBP I have nothing to say this game still a mistery.

Around the Network

Shameless you have an f'ed up profile pic.

That is really corny. I'm not interested in Red Alert 3 at all, but a canceled game is bad news to hear.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Shameless said:

The year of the PS3 continues!

I'm sorry but even the Sony fanboys never hyped up RA3, 8days and the getaway as "the year of the PS3". That comment and your topic is pure flame bait, come back when R2 and LBP gets delayed to next year or canned.

As for your intentional negative propaganda of "a bad time to be a PS3 owner".... you're saying this, the week before MGS4 is released? Neither 8days or the getaway were highly anticipated PS3 titles... I fail to see how two mediocre looking tech demos can be considered a bad thing if they were axes to become resources for better titles. Your logic is questionable.

Don't take this too seriously

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

WHAT THE HELLLL!!!!!

Owner Of: PS1 PS2 PS3 PSP NES GB GBA GC WII XBOX