By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

I think that article is fake. Read it again with that in mind and see if anything stands out.

Since this press release runs directly contrary to how Ubisoft would actually spin this, and since this paragraph is in it:

"As for Shaun Whites on the Wii, can you at least wait to get some more information and gameplay on it before binning it? Most people have seen a few screenshots and they already hate it because it does not look as good as the 360 etc but to damn a game just because of looks, and without actually playing it is just silly. All I have seen is various forums doing childish Photoshop screens, at least wait to see the game face to face before turning it into a humorous gif."

...and since there are more than a couple of typos.

I'm not sure this is real.

EDIT: Oh, this is from a forum manager, not Ubisoft itself. That guy might be in trouble, tbh.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
yushire said:

It still have the same gameplay though, dont tell me it isnt. The mechanics of the game was the same in snowboarding and skateboarding unless Ubi will make a skiing game, then thats different...

They don't. The gameplay is different. Thank you for basically admitting you don't play skateboarding and snowboarding games at all. Go back and purchase a copy of SSX Tricky and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 for GC and play them on your Wii so you can come back and tell me how right I am.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Parents who are buying a console for their children do not really care about Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six or Far Cry on the box, they want games that are going to be good for their children and not get them in the local newspaper. Why else would games like Brain Training/Wii Fit/Mario Party sell in the millions if people wanted hardcore games?

That is a pretty big assumtion. How would they know that wii owners don't want mature AAA titles if they don't release them. The only real mature title the have released is red steel and it it a million seller. In fact I think it was the first 3rd party million seller. If that doesn't say that the wii owners want mature titles then I don't know what does. 

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Nintendo Zealot said:

Parents who are buying a console for their children do not really care about Prince of Persia, Rainbow Six or Far Cry on the box, they want games that are going to be good for their children and not get them in the local newspaper. Why else would games like Brain Training/Wii Fit/Mario Party sell in the millions if people wanted hardcore games?

That is a pretty big assumtion. How would they know that wii owners don't want mature AAA titles if they don't release them. The only real mature title the have released is red steel and it it a million seller. In fact I think it was the first 3rd party million seller. If that doesn't say that the wii owners want mature titles then I don't know what does. 

also the RE's released on wii show that wii owners want mature games

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Ubisoft sucks anyways.

Around the Network

I disagree with his letter, I am not upset that it doesn't look like the 360 version. I am upset that it looks worse than some DS games (at a slightly higher resolution).

You can get away with making a game ugly that is word training or babyz raizing, but one of the cool things about a 3d Snowboarding game is the graphics and having card board cut out rocks and 20 polygon heads with flat textures is not acceptable.

As much as I think graphics, in the end, do not matter, the top Wii Sellers show even casuals care...

Look at the million sellers, none of them are graphical power houses but there are only 2 butt ugly games and a couple debatable ones.

This game looks horrendous, it is not stylish. They are throwing it together to make a quick buck off of the balance board.

BTW, RRR series is one of the best looking and most stylish minigame collections. It is not a coincidence that it is the best selling non-Nintendo related minigame collection.

For me, graphics are not that important. There is bottom bar, a minimum, that even the casual market wants to see when they flip over the box or see it on the screen at Walmart. This game along with many other third party Wii Games do not meet the expectations of consumers.

Instead of complaining that your potential customers don't like what they see, they should fix it. 

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

disolitude said:
You're all pretending to know more than the 3rd largest publisher in the world. Its kinda funny... I said it once and I'll say it again...if you like a game, you buy the console it comes out for. Even if it doesn't say "Nintendo" on the box...

Oh thats right I can afford to buy a ps3 or an xbox 360... oh wait no I can't. I bought the wii for nintendo games. Now is it asking to much for just one AAA game from these guys. I like both Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil, if you don't give me those then so be it. Give me something. I just want them to throw me a bone over here.

yushire said:
Mahorosan said:
Kind of disappointing how Ubisoft has gone with their wii titles. At first it looked like they would be one of the 3rd parties that would make serious efforts on the wii, but not now.
So Red Steel and Rayman raving rabbids was serious effort to you?!!

Absolutely. We're not asking that every game they make is awesome -- that's unreasonable. I think what Wii owners want is simply to see that effort has been made, and that investments have been made both in development and marketing of the product. 

Red Steel wasn't a good game from what I understand, but it represented a substantial investment in the platform.  If they try and fail, that's okay, as long as they actually try.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Onyxmeth said:
yushire said:

It still have the same gameplay though, dont tell me it isnt. The mechanics of the game was the same in snowboarding and skateboarding unless Ubi will make a skiing game, then thats different...

They don't. The gameplay is different. Thank you for basically admitting you don't play skateboarding and snowboarding games at all. Go back and purchase a copy of SSX Tricky and Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 for GC and play them on your Wii so you can come back and tell me how right I am.

OK THEN, you're right then. Cant argue with that. YEAH...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

steven787 said:

As much as I think graphics, in the end, do not matter, the top Wii Sellers show even casuals care...

I'm one of the most outspoken "graphics don't matter" people out there, but when simply looking at screenshots without being able to play the game, graphics serve an important purpose -- they usually show how much effort is being put into a game. Games that represent a substantial creative and financial investment by a company recieve enough funding to also polish the graphics. It isn't an absolute truth, but it's a reasonably good measuring stick when you can't play the game to prove whether the game is good or not. 

And with that in mind, Ubisoft's upcoming Wii library is particuarly and grossly lacking in graphical quality, which likely means their top teams aren't working on these projects (in fact, we know they're not) and the investment represented isn't substantial. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">