By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

steven787 said:
That game is Call for Heroes: Pompelic Wars.

This topic upsets me so much.

I am not angry that Ubi makes ugly games. It's that they lose money, publish 20 million dollar games for 2nd and third place consoles, lose more money and then blame WiiFit (sorry, I couldn't resist).

"Oh, Nintendo's games are too good we couldn't possibly compete..."

It's that attitude that upsets me. Why aren't the larger shareholders paying attention and firing all the executives?

It makes no sense.

Look at Zack and Wiki, 366k doesn't sound like a lot but compared to Dark Sector (about the same revenue) it is a profitable addition to Capcom's lineup and would have won them some credibility with gamers if it weren't for screwing up the Okami port. (Thats 366k * 30 = 11 million for a game that probably cost less than 5 to make. Versus Dark Sector 224k *60 = 13.5 million which probably cost 10+ million to make.)
Hm it's a multiplat between wii and pc? That's different.

Around the Network

Ok Ubisoft.

You better make some damn amazing game now, cause that's the only way you'll ever see another penny from me.

sc94597 said:
steven787 said:

I am not angry that Ubi makes ugly games. It's that they lose money, publish 20 million dollar games for 2nd and third place consoles, lose more money and then blame WiiFit (sorry, I couldn't resist).

It's that attitude that upsets me. Why aren't the larger shareholders paying attention and firing all the executives?

It makes no sense.

Look at Zack and Wiki, 366k doesn't sound like a lot but compared to Dark Sector (about the same revenue) it is a profitable addition to Capcom's lineup and would have won them some credibility with gamers if it weren't for screwing up the Okami port. (Thats 366k * 30 = 11 million for a game that probably cost less than 5 to make. Versus Dark Sector 224k *60 = 13.5 million which probably cost 10+ million to make.)

My point was that manufacturers can make successful second tier games and some have passed a million.  You are right about dark sector but I could pick out many other big budget flops.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

When will pompolic wars released on the Wii, I thought its PC...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

steven787 said:
sc94597 said:
steven787 said:

It makes no sense.

My point was that manufacturers can make successful second tier games and some have passed a million.  You are right about dark sector but I could pick out many other big budget flops.

No I was talking about that Call of Heroes game.

Around the Network

Oh, but that is a Wii Screen; and Shaun White Snow Boarding is multiplat too.

Here are some good-to-decent selling third party Wii games from the recent World CHart (or atleast with some potential to have good legs).

NamePublisherWeekTotal
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Sega294,432,741
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Activision302,692,737
Boom Blox
Electronic Arts3128,276
Carnival Games
Take 2391,859,959
Game Party
Midway26808,217
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
Sega11370,632
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
Ubisoft281,198,013
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
LucasArts291,241,308
Sega Superstars Tennis
Sega10415,658
Iron Man
Sega4121,362
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Konami14492,656
We Ski
Namco Bandai17168,800
Naruto: Clash of the Ninja Revolution
D3 Publisher31576,068
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Capcom281,210,836
Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity
Sega20353,954
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Capcom521,597,629
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sega661,359,074
FIFA 08
Electronic Arts35609,153
Deca Sports
Hudson233,698
MySims
Electronic Arts361,076,682
Madden NFL 08
Electronic Arts41693,781
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Disney251,406
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party
Konami35504,693
The Simpsons Game
Electronic Arts30695,414
High School Musical: Sing It!
Konami29822,424
No More Heroes
Ubisoft25309,005
Smarty Pants
Electronic Arts27616,503
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Square Enix46654,465
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Take 212201,755
Okami
Capcom696,375
Boogie
Electronic Arts42317,012
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008
THQ29676,074
Cooking Mama: Cook Off
Majesco68559,866
Speed Racer: The Videogame
Warner Bros. Interactive339,486
Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol Encore
Konami16149,121

Edit2: That looks like a lot of third party potential profits to me. And most of those games look better than Shaun White Snowboarding.

No I'm only responding to that game. LOL I'm agree with the rest of your psot.

sc94597 said:
brute said:
^yeah i also wanna know,i havent seen any of those games

I think one is gyrostar, the third one is tales of symphonia 2 and the 4 one is monster lab.

oh ok cool,thanks

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

1. Pyroblazer

2. Little League World Series (deciding between this and power pros 2009.)

3. Tales of Symphonia 2

4. Monster Lab

5. Call for Heroes: Pompelic Wars

There are plenty of other one too over at wii.IGN images.

Just so you know for the future, you can right click and goto properties of IGN images and see the title in the link.

Edit:

This is WeSki, the character are goofy but compare the backgrounds...

WeSki isn't going to win any awards for design or graphics but atleast they use textures to hide the seems on the character and background models before they start showing off pics and calling them stylized.

I am really excited for the prince of persia wii spin off. I found this screen shot for the game in Bengabenga's article "The week that was"

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT