By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ubisoft responds to Wii-owners upset with quality of titles

ANother thing that came upon me. They say the wii is for family games right? Well the whole family is really going to play Imagine: Babiez? LOL

Around the Network
LNRT said:
He is saying that AAA blockbuster games don't sell on the wii. Right... and how many of those has Ubisoft actually put on the wii that were not (mostly crappy) ports. My response to them would be to take a chance and put 1, I just need 1, AAA original game on the wii and see how it sells. If it does bad then I will say he has a legit argument.

I'm not counting Red Steel as a AAA blockbuster game.

even if you did count red steel(which it isnt though)the games sales are good

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Mahorosan said:
yushire said:
Mahorosan said:
Kind of disappointing how Ubisoft has gone with their wii titles. At first it looked like they would be one of the 3rd parties that would make serious efforts on the wii, but not now.
So Red Steel and Rayman raving rabbids was serious effort to you?!!

It was something new at the time. No one knew how it was going to turn out at that time.  While Red Steel certainly had its problems, at least it was a new IP and they were trying something with the then new controls.  Raving Rabbids was also a new take on Rayman that used the wii remote in interesting ways.  The rabbid demented personalities was pretty funny, though I do think ubisoft is starting to milk it.

So to answer your question, yes. 

Theres still EA though, yeah, no one likes them but EA was the only company which have more serious effort on the Wii than Ubisoft. And yeah, the first months of Ubisoft even with rush games like Rayman Raving Rabbids and Red Steel was actually good, it just turned out sour to me even during 2007 after the ports and shovelwares, I still believe Ubisoft in that time though... :(

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

yushire said:
Onyxmeth said:
sc94597 said:

Edit: Oh @ the snowboarding game thing. What would people rather have on wii? Prince of Persia or a Multiplat Snowboarding Game?

Honestly? I'd rather have the snowboarding game. We we're all asking for someone to make a snowboarding game once the balance board was unveiled and here it is. Graphics aside, this could be a fun game, and will probably play the best on the Wii with balance board support.

Prince of Persia is a very good looking game, and the art direction is really driving anticipation. I know what everyone is going to say, "Graphics don't matter Onyx!". They really do in this case. The art direction on Prince of Persia is amazing and a lot will be lost in translation if they try to fit this onto the Wii. To compare, imagine an Okami port to the N64 and think of how much of the art direction would have been lost. Not to mention that Ubisoft tried to port Prince of Persia to the Wii already and the results were subpar. I can't see any reason why this game would benefit from motion controls over button presses or even equal them.

Also I find it funny that in this topic everyone is boycotting Ubisoft games for the Wii and a few topics down everyone is begging Ubisoft for a Red Steel sequel.

Its not that Ubisoft the only one makes snowboarding for the Wii anyway, Skate it by EA was a good example of this and in teaser trailer so far, it will be 10 times better than Shaun White snowboarding.

I was trying to think of something funny to say in regards to your post, but my mind is blank, so i'll be staight forward. Skateboarding and snowboarding are two different sports. They are not similiar enough in real life to share their professional athletes and videogames based on these sports do not play alike. Try again.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Soriku said:

Why else would games like Brain Training/Wii Fit/Mario Party sell in the millions if people wanted hardcore games?

Link

Why else would games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Resident Evil, Metroid, Smash Bros and even their own Red Steel sell in the millions if people wanted casual games?

>_>

Sadly, you'll probably get the same sort of bullshit from any third party dev regarding the Wii.

Too bad...Ubisofts best teams are some of the most talented in the world.

Around the Network

You're all pretending to know more than the 3rd largest publisher in the world. Its kinda funny... I said it once and I'll say it again...if you like a game, you buy the console it comes out for. Even if it doesn't say "Nintendo" on the box...

--OkeyDokey-- said:
Soriku said:

Why else would games like Brain Training/Wii Fit/Mario Party sell in the millions if people wanted hardcore games?

Link

Why else would games like Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Resident Evil, Metroid, Smash Bros and even their own Red Steel sell in the millions if people wanted casual games?

>_>

Sadly, you'll probably get the same sort of bullshit from any third party dev regarding the Wii.

Too bad...Ubisofts best teams are some of the most talented in the world.

i know it would of been good if they used some of theyre most talented teams to make AAA games for wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

This is what pisses me off the wii doesnt get any of the multiplatform titles the 360 and PS3 gets not JUST about the graphics but the demographics all three have it pisses me off that these developers arent making from-the-ground-up games and even when we do they give us cartoony versions of them (like that new snowboarding game Ubi.

The only developers that are really putting some effort in terms of graphics on the wii is Factor 5 and High Voltage Games, yeah thats pathetic but at least theres someone out there and i guess Tecmo with their Fatal Frame is an exception. Its a shame that most wii games look even worse than the GameCube or even PS2

Well theres my rant anybody else.

Onyxmeth said:
yushire said:
Onyxmeth said:
sc94597 said:

I was trying to think of something funny to say in regards to your post, but my mind is blank, so i'll be staight forward. Skateboarding and snowboarding are two different sports. They are not similiar enough in real life to share their professional athletes and videogames based on these sports do not play alike. Try again.

It still have the same gameplay though, dont tell me it isnt. The mechanics of the game was the same in snowboarding and skateboarding unless Ubi will make a skiing game, then thats different...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

trestres said:
All I have to say is that is an arrogant and lazy answer. No one was complaining
about graphics bot having 360 levels, but actually graphics looking as bad as shit...

QFT.

The complaint is that the graphics look like a mediocre DC or PS2 game at best, not even Gamecube level. No one expects 360/PS3/PC level graphics, but there's no excuse for games that look worse than the average PS2 game.