By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - No Mass Effect talk on here?

I already reviewed it. Fun, but pretty much a direct clone with KOTOR with a new combat system and some issues KOTOR didn't actually have. Definitely some signs of weak development with repeated enemies/textures, empty planets.

A good first effort, but a lot of stuff needs to be fixed before ME2.

Around the Network

I bought it and tried to play it. like almost everyone else in the official forums, the game crashes after about 40 mins. now I uninstalled it so I could install DoD:S, but as soon as I get a new HDD I'll reinstall it (and I expect it to be pretty soon)

my impressions so far are great, but I agree with naz's review about the dialog options. I'm being a Paragon, so I don't even have to THINK about what option to choose. I also felt that some side-quests were very forced, like the guy in the citadel whose wife was killed in Eden Prime.

one thing that really upsets me, even if it's not a real flaw, is having everyone equipped with the classes' possible weapons. and also the inventory, being console-oriented, isn't very mouse and keyboard friendly.

and there's another small thing that is quite weird, that is when a character speaks, kind of a continuity problems, that is, the character speaks, his stance resets, and then his stance returns to "speaking" again, and then repeats until he ends his lines. it looks really weird.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Mass Effect is a bit to "consoley" to be big with PC gamers for any length of time I reckon.

It's an OK game though nothing more. It's main fault is that the storyline doesn't deal with any social or philosophical issues to the degree games like MGS or Deus Ex do. It really dropped the ball there.

I have it, have had it for a few weeks but haven't gotten around to playing it yet! Need cables from the DVD-ROM to the Motherboard first!

Around the Network

Played it on the 360, finished it, loved it. Played it on the PC, finished it, loved it even more.

That's about all I have to say about that :)

It doesn't feel like an RPG, feels like a third person shooter to me.

4 ≈ One

DTG said:
It's an OK game though nothing more. It's main fault is that the storyline doesn't deal with any social or philosophical issues to the degree games like MGS or Deus Ex do. It really dropped the ball there.

It didn't drop the ball because it wasn't aiming to deal with those things. Not all storylines have to be social or philosophical discussions.

Rath said:
DTG said:

It didn't drop the ball because it wasn't aiming to deal with those things. Not all storylines have to be social or philosophical discussions.

That is percisely the downfall of its storyline. IMO any storyline that doesn't at least try to deal with relevant philosophical, social or political questions is worthless. They are merely of entertainment value and nothing more.

DTG said:
Rath said:
DTG said:

That is percisely the downfall of its storyline. IMO any storyline that doesn't at least try to deal with relevant philosophical, social or political questions is worthless. They are merely of entertainment value and nothing more.

Wow... somebody needs to check out a few rainbows here and there, methinks...

Hates Nomura.

Tagged: GooseGaws - <--- Has better taste in games than you.