By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - No Mass Effect talk on here?

it was talked about when it released on 360

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

i just got the 360 version, and i have to say it is an amazing game, ive been playing loads, i love how open the game feels, definetley one of this gens best games so far.

why is mgs4 being talked about in this thread?

Just talked to two people in the office about Mass Effect PC and they are really pissed off.

One has a Quad core, dual 8800GT,4 gb RAM and he experienced an unacceptable level of crashes - around 20 from his playthrough.

The other one had a lower spec PC and already had 3 crashes in his first hour.

Coincidence of bad discs? Dont know but its really funny how people can argue the PC version is far superior to 360.

I'm borrowing it from a friend and it's pretty good. I'm enjoying the voice acting and how the dialog plays out. However, I'm not liking the combat that much. I'd much rather use the mouse than a 360 controller, but the combat really takes a back seat to the story and dialog.

As far as crashes go, it's been pretty good with only one crash.

There are also a couple of technical issues. One time on Novaria, I opened a door into a small room and picked up some medi-gel and then saved and quit. When I reloaded the game, the game apparently didn't register that the door was open and I was locked in. Thank goodness that it's a PC game because the noclip console command saved my ass on two occasions. Recently, apparently if a gun overheats, it wont cool off and I wont be able to use it. However, this is an easy fix because all I have to do is save the game and then load the save and besides, overheating doesn't happen very often.

Lastly, it wasn't a big deal for me because I'm already familiar with going through cfg files, but for whatever reason, the game doesn't display the high texture filtering even though you set it that way in-game. Thus, you have to go to one of the game's cfg files and set the texture filtering to how you want it. Again, it's no big deal to me since I've done the Crysis XP 'very high' trick and I've gone through and tweaked settings in Oblivion as well. Also, it's worth the minute or two of effort because suddenly the character's faces look amazingly detailed once you do.

Around the Network

They wouldn't have to have draconian methods if piracy wasn't so incredibly rampant. I could find a copy of most games in about 10 minutes and find cracks for them in less time. Something needs to be done.