By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii Fit launch thread

EBGames in North York Ontario at the corner of Leslie and Nork Mills got in 76 Wii Fit last Tuesday and sold them all that day (Pre-orders). The store is very small and they broke street date as they had so many boxes in, you couldn't get around the store to look at anything else so they had no choice but to deliver them.

Yes these are actual numbers confirmed by the people working there. 

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network

Swweeeeettt!  it's going to be a huge month for WiiFit & Wii.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Part of my birthday gift was Wii Fit (Pre-order since my birthday is in April), yesterday my boyfriend got a call saying he could pick it up today. Unfortunately he works far away and I don't see him until the weekend so I'll have to wait a bit before I can try it out!

Signature goes here!

Toronto, Canada. Shoppers World. Danforth/Victoria?
Zellers got 50 of 'em. Opens at 8AM. Completely sold out when I got there @9

EB Games a few steps away opens at 10.
They also got 50 for shipment. 42 of which are pre-orders.
I was second in line ('cause i was there killing time at other stores for an hour, returned 10 mins before store open).
The lady before me bought 1. I bought 1. The next group is like a family of 5, don't know if they could buy more than one, since I asked and they wouldn't let me buy 2.
And the other guy behind it also getting it. So, that's guarantee 4 copies sold not on pre-orders.
Also, it seems they also got the shipment delivered minutes before store opens, since the delivery truck was sending loads of boxes inside as we wait outside.

It looks like the stores are limited to 50 copies each.

Also, WiiFit already giving me a workout without opening the box. Long walk home, lol.

Edit: EB Games also got Wii's instock. Didn't ask how many.

Friend from USA. Philly. She went to target and bestbuy. one of them sold out when she got there. the other was a huge line with numbers handed out. can't remember which is which. they also allow only 1 copy per person.

Also, Bestbuy that she went to was holding onto the Wii's for WiiFit release. 

Got to Target at 7:55 am. (they open at 8) There was a nice sized line outside. I got ticket #16. The word was that they only had 30 total. By the time I checked out, everyone who was in line got one, and there were about 5 left.

The also had a full cabinet full of Wiis as well. The first time I had seen that in a while.

Around the Network

target this morning arrived just at 8am

15 people in line in front of me

Zero Wii's in stock- 2 people left(they wanted both)

had one guy opening boxes, 2 people ringing up

left by 8:10 ..guy had just brought out another 8 cases and there was ~8people behind me.

i'm thinking ~1 million sold today.

It's launch day and Kotaku decided to post a story about a kid in the UK being called overweight from a few days ago instead of the Wii Fit launch in North America. It seems they have nothing nice to say about Nintendo these days. It's launch day! There's going to dozens of new stories today and they decide to run with that. They will probably have 3-4 stories on MGS4 and GTA4 and this story on Wii Fit.

Looks like wii Fit launched succesfull in the US.

I blame Nintendo. (And Oprah. Of course...)

seems like wii fit is going to be a failure in USA

MISS Confirmed

got to my gamestop. lol, the employee looked like he had a rough night and was not in the mood. lucky for him there were only 5 people waiting outside.
i didn't bother asking him any question about shipments or anything else. i just got mine and left.

just got my Wii Fit Age and it's 43. :) not bad.

Pics are in my photo gallary.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.