By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii Fit launch thread

JHawkNH said:
MontanaHatchet said:
tabsina said:
seems like wii fit is going to be a failure in USA

MISS Confirmed

Why do people always quote things that were never said?

*Sigh*

I've actually heard women on the street talking about it, along with Mario kart.

I use to have a quote in my sig from JSeth that I removed when WiiFitt passed 1 million in Japan. And I quote:

"WiiFit will flop, badly."

To be exact... his quote was.

"Hit or Miss? Hmmmm I'll go another route. Flop. And badly at that.

Gamers inherently are lazy and do not enjoy exercise. And if they do, who would really want to be cooped up indoors when they can enjoy the wonderfulness of the outdoors, or at the least a Gym with multiple hotties working out?

I think that many of you are wearing your Nintendo colored bias glasses and it's making you believe that it truly is the best thing since those corn holders for corn on the cob.

Wii Fit will not make anyone fit at all. Wait for the lazy gamers who figure out a way to manipulate the game to where it's perceived that you are actually working out, but you are still on your fat butt just flicking your wrist away.

In it's lifetime, I'd be surprised to see wii fit hit even 750k units.

And those that point at Wii Sports and Wii Play, keep in mind that Wii Sports is bundled with the system in most places so of course that will have a high "sales" number because it's bundled. And for Wii Play, it's so high because of the controller that comes with it."

Around the Network

Hi, San Antonio, TX, USA

I went to the GameStop I work at and picked up my reserved Wii Fit. When I was there, I asked my manager how the demand has been and he told me is was pretty steady, but there were not gobs of people in the store lined up to pick theirs up.

One interesting tid-bit here, we received 15 Wiis to accompany the launch! This was actually our biggest shipment in quite a while, and one lucky customer inside with me was ecstatic to hear that we had some, because everywhere else she went today was already sold out from this morning.

So so far, I haven't seen with my own eyes a massive demand for Wii Fit, but I only visited one slow, local GameStop.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Well, my wife just reported getting the last Wii Fit at a target near us. She said the best buy, TRU, and Walmart were all sold out.

Kasz216 said:

To be exact... his quote was.

"Hit or Miss? Hmmmm I'll go another route. Flop. And badly at that.

Gamers inherently are lazy and do not enjoy exercise. And if they do, who would really want to be cooped up indoors when they can enjoy the wonderfulness of the outdoors, or at the least a Gym with multiple hotties working out?

I think that many of you are wearing your Nintendo colored bias glasses and it's making you believe that it truly is the best thing since those corn holders for corn on the cob.

Wii Fit will not make anyone fit at all. Wait for the lazy gamers who figure out a way to manipulate the game to where it's perceived that you are actually working out, but you are still on your fat butt just flicking your wrist away.

In it's lifetime, I'd be surprised to see wii fit hit even 750k units.

And those that point at Wii Sports and Wii Play, keep in mind that Wii Sports is bundled with the system in most places so of course that will have a high "sales" number because it's bundled. And for Wii Play, it's so high because of the controller that comes with it."

Thanks Kasz216.  I was to lazy to look up the actual quote.  His full quote is actually worse then what I put.

ioi said:
@Grampy - want a job at VG Chartz?

On a more serious note - if you were to get a few more averages for some of the stores and downgrade some of the bottom ones a little then you're probably along the right lines. The one thing I didn't get is adding pre-orders - if the Walmart by you only had and sold all 24 copies that would be including preorders and everything else, no?

Target and in particular Walmart are much higher than your figures there...

Apparently the 24 on display were not preorders since they were sitting out where anybody could pick them up. I based my Walmart estimate on that times number of stores, a few extra for Superstores and Sams. It's just a guess. I didn't even attempt to estimate individual store preorders and just went with the lump sum of 500,000 for all preorders. I thought I saw that estimate here. Am I mistaken?

Around the Network
cdude1034 said:
Hi, San Antonio, TX, USA

I went to the GameStop I work at and picked up my reserved Wii Fit. When I was there, I asked my manager how the demand has been and he told me is was pretty steady, but there were not gobs of people in the store lined up to pick theirs up.

One interesting tid-bit here, we received 15 Wiis to accompany the launch! This was actually our biggest shipment in quite a while, and one lucky customer inside with me was ecstatic to hear that we had some, because everywhere else she went today was already sold out from this morning.

So so far, I haven't seen with my own eyes a massive demand for Wii Fit, but I only visited one slow, local GameStop.

I was trying to figure why the game stores like Game Stop seemed to be selling out a lot slower than Walmart and Target. I think I know the answer. Probably the majority of people getting this are not gamers at all. They would not be used to shopping in a game store if they even know where one is. If they saw this on the TV news they would head for Target or especially Walmart after all the promtion it did.

Look at this from Amazon...
Buncha people are capatilizing on the launch.
Sigh...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VJRU44/ref=dp_olp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1211395687&sr=8-1

Price at a Glance
List Price: $89.99
New: from $149.99
Used: from $158.78

Predictions For Last Full Week of Sales in 2010)

WII - 80.35 Million

360 - 43.88 Million

PS3 - 41.40 Million

More terrible predictions coming Jan. 2011!!!

Thrillhouse said:
Look at this from Amazon...
Buncha people are capatilizing on the launch.
Sigh...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000VJRU44/ref=dp_olp_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1211395687&sr=8-1

Price at a Glance
List Price: $89.99
New: from $149.99
Used: from $158.78

You inspired me to check out E-Bay 4250+ copies of Wii Fit for sale - Selling for between $140 - $180 Each

Thats funny, I had an oppurtunity this morning at Walmart to buy more than 1 copy. But the mark-up isnt really worth it.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

It certainly looks like a great launch. In honor of the occasion I created this wallpaper. If you happen to want a copy it is available in most popular screen size including wide.
http://www.musc.edu/cando/WiiFitWP/