By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii Fit launch thread

Wii Fit really is a monster.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

Wonder if I'll be able to find the game anywhere.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I had one of my 360-owning friends pick one up for me where he works. (I live no where near any city). They had two come to their shop, and he nabbed one just after the store closed last evening.

The coin flips on both sides, as I trudged through Winnipeg winter weather last March searching out liquidation priced HD-DVD add-on's!

Sherbrooke, Canada, I went to 6 stores after work and nothing was left, everybody told me that the shipments were sold out very quickly. This is a city of about 140 000 people, and the Walmart received 12 copies, so I guess there were approximately 30 to 40 available in the city.

Small calculation that is not accurate at all^^ : 40 for 140 000 equal 8600 sold in Canada today^^ This doesn't seem to make any sense, but it can give an idea :D

Neos said:
Veggie said:
I work at a Zellers in Ottawa, Canada. We got only 8 in because the shipments got separated on two trucks. Shoulda been 16. Anyways, we sold the 8 within 10 minutes and had about 30 calls throughout the day. I called around for customers and every Zellers in Ottawa is sold out, every Walmart was sold out, every Future Shop was sold out, and EB Games and Gamestop only had enough to cover their pre-orders.

i blame......................fkusumot!

Around the Network

Does anyone know of any Wii Fits left as of close of business today. Surely the entire first shipment can't be totally sold out on the first day.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
DMeisterJ said:
dtewi said:
30 Million+ Lifetime guaranteed.

The highest selling non-pack in game, EVER.

Wii fit is a pack in game

With the Wii Board.

Highest Selling Pack-in game not guaranteed... Wii Sports will beat it

That's not a pack-in.  It doesn't come with the system.

Wii Play, Guitar Hero, Eye of Judgment, Mario Kart Wii, Link's Crossbow Training, Rock Band, Wii Fit, none of them are pack-ins.  The only serious pack-in this generation is Wii Sports, and even then, not in Japan.  Every other pack-in is very shortlived, like Halo 3, MGS4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Motorstorm, etc.

Ahh... I have a different definition then...

I believe that if you are purchasing an accessory and a game comes with it, it's a pack-in.  Like Wii Play is, but he meant packed in with the System.

Lol at those who say Wii Fit doesnt count as a game!
It's the game that sells the board, not the other way. So the board is packed in with Wii Fit.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Sold out in my local area at all the big stores...should've preordered I guess.

http://kotaku.com/5010209/undeserving-ellen-fans-get-wii-fit
Looks like WiiFit was on Ellen day show.