By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii Fit launch thread

Well I live in Europe and all I can tell you is that the game's been sold out everywhere I go since it launched some time ago. :p

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Well, if you're talking about the U.S., it's anywhere from 6 to 9 o'clock in the morning. It might be a bit early, ehh?

My friend works at Best Buy, and he said that they got 58 Wii fits, and close to 70 Wii's this week, but weren't able to sell them until today... I'll ask how it went when he gets off tonight, and re-post.

Should be fascinating to see if any Moms wait in any length of line. Perhaps the words 'On sale' (meaning of course, available for sale) will attract them.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

All I know, is this thread reminded me about my prediction, and I went and checked, and I left it blank, I wanted to predict 1m

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

i went into a non-24 hour walmart this morning and picked up 2 (they don't limit you to one because they don't yet realize this will be sold out for the next 1-4 years straight)

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

I preordered at GameStop, but they don't open for a half an hour. I checked the Super WalMart next door, sold out, they got 56. I called the Target a block away, they've been open 20 minutes, got 50 in and have 3 left. They had a line outside when they opened.

I might call a few other stores while I'm waiting for GameStop to open.

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709

in about an hour & half i'm going to gamestop to pick mine up. :D pics to follow.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

I pick one up at Walmart this moring at 7am. They told me they got in 30 (I don't know if this includes preorders) They said they had ten people waiting in line at midnight to buy it. They said one guy tried to buy all 30 Wii Fits (can you say ebay?) but they wouldn't let him. They had four left after the one I bought.

I went to Target at 8:20 (20 min after opening) and met a man coming out with a Wii Fit box. I asked him how many were left and he said he had the last one.

Went to a nearby small Walmart at 8:40 (40 min after opening). From their display it looked liked that got 24 and after I got mine, 11 left. I confirmed that they had no more in stock except those on display. They also had 2 Wiis, the first time I have seen any in that store so apparently Nintendo is making some effort to supply consoles.

Walking in from the parking lot to work carrying the lime green Wii Fit bag, three people stopped me to ask where I got it. None of them even owned a Wii but planned to get one and Wii Fit. They had all apparently seen it on the news. All were a lot older than your usual gamer.

My impression is that they shipped a fair number based on that fact that I hadn't seen a single Wii in either store in the period that  3/4 of a miilion were sold. I'm guessing at least two million or more. Whatever they shipped will sell pretty damn quick. The news coverage has been very effective.