By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii Fit launch thread

I'd be surprised if the Walmart numbers were that low. They had that huge pre-order campaign on their web page which leads me to believe they made a deal with Nintendo for extra units.

Around the Network

Well Gamestop is supposed to have a second shipment that comes two days laters. I know because that's the shipment m girlfriend is supposed to have her preorder on.

I don't need photos and such, I got (or getting today or tomorrow, we were promised early but that didn't happen ;_;) directly from Nintendo.

My preorder is supposed to ship from Target today.

Well Gamestop is supposed to have a second shipment that comes two days laters. I know because that's the shipment m girlfriend is supposed to have her preorder on.

Gamestop lies about "expected" extra shipments to get more preorders.  Some people who preordered Wiis from gamestop waited months before their preorders were filled. 

FishyJoe said:
I'd be surprised if the Walmart numbers were that low. They had that huge pre-order campaign on their web page which leads me to believe they made a deal with Nintendo for extra units.

That was my thinking too, but my local WalMart, which is not a particularly large one, only had 24. Maybe if some others posters would give WalMart numbers, I'll adjust it accordingly.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
Lets see how it goes

IMHO....Wii Fit was a complete waste of money & is quite boring now (I was very excited for it though).....but my mum enjoys it so...oh well

Yeah, that comment was really necessary in a thread about wii fit launch info and sales expectations. You not liking it has nothing to do with how well the NA launch is going. And this just after all the complaining about trolling, just because some people don't think KillZone 2s graphics put Crysis to shame. Nintendo doesn't need hardcore gamers to love wii fit. They've got casuals and non-gamer fitness enthusiast. Which completely eclipses that other tiny niche group and puts them to shame.

I thought that Walmart only did online pre-orders. So we're not likely to see any of them on the store floor. If pre-ordered for in-store pickup, it'll go straight to the service desk, otherwise, it'll just ship.

My Walmart got a dozen. I was in line with a few moms and some gamer types at midnight last night. We bought 10 and I'm sure the other 2 were gone before the sun came up.

TheBigFatJ said:

My preorder is supposed to ship from Target today.

Gamestop lies about "expected" extra shipments to get more preorders. Some people who preordered Wiis from gamestop waited months before their preorders were filled.

Ah. Oddly they apparently lied in our favor this time... as she just called and said she was on her way to pick it up. Go figure.

ioi said:
@Grampy - want a job at VG Chartz?

On a more serious note - if you were to get a few more averages for some of the stores and downgrade some of the bottom ones a little then you're probably along the right lines. The one thing I didn't get is adding pre-orders - if the Walmart by you only had and sold all 24 copies that would be including preorders and everything else, no?

Target and in particular Walmart are much higher than your figures there...

Walmarts only allow you to preorder online. (to my knowledge.)  I've tried to preorder games in store befoer with zero luck.

MontanaHatchet said:
tabsina said:
seems like wii fit is going to be a failure in USA

MISS Confirmed

Why do people always quote things that were never said?

*Sigh*

I've actually heard women on the street talking about it, along with Mario kart. 

I use to have a quote in my sig from JSeth that I removed when WiiFitt passed 1 million in Japan.  And I quote:

"WiiFit will flop, badly."