By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii Fit launch thread

fkusumot said:
Neos said:
Veggie said:
I work at a Zellers in Ottawa, Canada. We got only 8 in because the shipments got separated on two trucks. Shoulda been 16. Anyways, we sold the 8 within 10 minutes and had about 30 calls throughout the day. I called around for customers and every Zellers in Ottawa is sold out, every Walmart was sold out, every Future Shop was sold out, and EB Games and Gamestop only had enough to cover their pre-orders.

i blame......................fkusumot!

Wow! I didn't know Bod had such broad shoulders!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

Alright here's my Wii Fit story.

I went to my local Walmart Supercenter in Oshawa Ontario and grabbed Wii Fit at aprox 10:25am EST. There were 4 left at the time I picked mine up. They also had 3 Wii's in the display case. I asked one of the reps to open the display case and he grabbed me a copy of the game and some lady in her late 40's grabbed it and ran off as though there were no other copies there. The guy didn't notice and asked me how I wanted to ring it in. I said "well first I'd actually like a copy of the game and no I'm not with that lady". During the check out I asked how many copies they got, he told me around 50 and that they had a line up last night. As I was leaving the last copies were sold.

I finally got a chance to play around with it about an hour ago. My Wife who is 28 has a Wii Fit age of 48. I'm 31 with a Wii Fit age of 32. I have a BMI of about 28 (yikes). My Wife's BMI was 21. I plan to drop 22 lbs in 3 months. Should be easily do-able.

When I'm stressed I like to eat. I hope most of my stresses are behind me now so hopefully I can drop down to my more normal weight of about 185 (which is 24 Lbs lighter then what I currently am).

I'm kinda surprised to see the numbers that other people have given for the game. The EBGames I go to in North York is very obscure as it's inside a Rogers store in an area that doesn't get much foot traffic. The Walmart I went to is located in a city with aprox 180k people. There are a lot of game stores in and around Oshawa. I'd guesstimate that 300-500 were delivered to the area based on the Super Center's numbers. Blockbuster, FutureShop, Best Buy, EBGames, Shoppers Drug Mart, Zellers and Rogers would all have had copies of the game today. There are 4 Walmarts and 3 EBGames all in a short distance of each other. We also have 5 Zellers stores.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

My Costco put out a pallet of Wii bundles yesterday and a pallet of Wii Fit today. At the end of the night, 2 Wii bundles and 0 Wii Fits were left.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Alasted said:
Godot said:
Here in Montreal, there are no Wii Fit in sight. The guy at Best Buy told me they were gone in 25 minutes and there's no way to find any of it anywhere in the city just like the console itself since launch. Nintendo has always done pretty well here even in the Gamecube days.

Godot is waiting for resupply. How poetic.

Actually, it's even more poetic than that, my girlfriend is the one that wants the game but I'm buying it. We could say she's waiting for Godot...

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Godot said:
Alasted said:
Godot said:
Here in Montreal, there are no Wii Fit in sight. The guy at Best Buy told me they were gone in 25 minutes and there's no way to find any of it anywhere in the city just like the console itself since launch. Nintendo has always done pretty well here even in the Gamecube days.

Actually, it's even more poetic than that, my girlfriend is the one that wants the game but I'm buying it. We could say she's waiting for Godot...

Haha.  Tell her you'll buy it tomorrow.

Around the Network

I just got thought with my first workout... I want two things out of WiiFit. A good workout, and something that will hold my attention. After 25 min in the bank, I can say it's a good workout. I was sweating and breathing hard after it was over.

As for the holding my attention part, only time will tell. So far, I am not so sure.

Alasted said:
Godot said:
Alasted said:
Godot said:

Haha.  Tell her you'll buy it tomorrow.

Hahaha, this is never gonna get old.  Godot's gonna be one of my favorite members due to the name alone, even if he magically turns into a crazy asshole who hates on everybody, I'll still have to love him.

Anecdotally I'd like to report another ~200 Wiis and Wii Fits on the Ellen Show that NPD will probably miss.

DMeisterJ said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
DMeisterJ said:
dtewi said:
30 Million+ Lifetime guaranteed.

The highest selling non-pack in game, EVER.

Wii fit is a pack in game

With the Wii Board.

Highest Selling Pack-in game not guaranteed... Wii Sports will beat it

That's not a pack-in.  It doesn't come with the system.

Wii Play, Guitar Hero, Eye of Judgment, Mario Kart Wii, Link's Crossbow Training, Rock Band, Wii Fit, none of them are pack-ins.  The only serious pack-in this generation is Wii Sports, and even then, not in Japan.  Every other pack-in is very shortlived, like Halo 3, MGS4, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Motorstorm, etc.

Ahh... I have a different definition then...

I believe that if you are purchasing an accessory and a game comes with it, it's a pack-in.  Like Wii Play is, but he meant packed in with the System.

Oh, so we're redefining terms now? Okay, I'm going to redefine "fanboy" to now only apply to guys that love their Playstations. Xbox 360? DS? Wii? You're allowed to be obsessed, and you're not a fanboy. By my definition, of course.

You can't have a different definition. What Rubang said is the agreed-upon-worldwide definition of a "pack-in game".

What you're referring to is a "pack-in accessory", and that's an entirely different matter altogether, especially since dtewi already stated he was talking pack-in game.

SW-5120-1900-6153

W00t, finally got mine at work and now it's just sitting in the corner teasing me.

It's a lot heavier than I expected.